Followed official config guide, didn't change a thing
I am using version 0.9.8 of pcsx2

I have an AMD A6-3400M processor

AMD Radeon HD 6520G graphics card

8gig of ram and a 64 bit os (windows 7)

Like I said earlier I followed through the entire official config guide to try and improve the performance but it hasn't changed a thing. Every game I have so far tried (Persona 3, .hack//infection, dragonquest 8 and shadow of colossus.) From judging the animations and music / voice acting in the games they all seem to run at about 70% speed at best, usually around 50% speed or lower depending on how big of an area I am in.

I need serious help getting this working properly, most of the stuff in the config guide went straight over my head and I didn't understand what I was changing in the settings a majority of the time, so I probably ***** up something somewhere pretty badly.

Sponsored links

what is your CPU speed ?
what are your gsdx settings ?

keep in mind shadow of the colossus has fps drops even on the real PS2. (Give it a try on your PS2, you'll see what I mean)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(04-13-2012, 02:06 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what is your CPU speed ?
what are your gsdx settings ?

keep in mind shadow of the colossus has fps drops even on the real PS2. (Give it a try on your PS2, you'll see what I mean)

I don't own a ps2 any more, I gave it to my little brother like I do with all my old games and consoles.

1.4ghz and my gsdx:
http://i.imgur.com/BE4ld.png
Your processor is very slow for PS2 emulation at this time.

That processor can be overclocked, if you're interested.
It will help a great deal,
and you should be able to handle some games (with low internal res and some Speedhacks).

Some heavier games will still be a bit out of reaach,
or have some occasional moments of slow down.

Also-- Consider checking out the latest SVN revision of PCSX2.
The MTVU Hack in the Speedhacks settings can help a lot with many games,
and can utilize an extra core beyond the normal 2 (with Hardware rendering).
(04-13-2012, 03:10 AM)Rezard Wrote: Your processor is very slow for PS2 emulation at this time.

That processor can be overclocked, if you're interested.
It will help a great deal,
and you should be able to handle some games (with low internal res and some Speedhacks).

Some heavier games will still be a bit out of reaach,
or have some occasional moments of slow down.

Also-- Consider checking out the latest SVN revision of PCSX2.
The MTVU Hack in the Speedhacks settings can help a lot with many games,
and can utilize an extra core beyond the normal 2 (with Hardware rendering).

Thanks for another helpful post, i've been doing a bit of research into overclocking. (Havn't tried anything yet)
I stumbled accross this somewhere

"turbo core is a technology built into the cpu itself that overclocks one or two cores for more performance when the other two or three cores are not being used.
the technology is already active, you don't need to activate it."
sure.
but this won't be helpful since pcsx2 will use at least 2 cores.
thus turbo boost won't trigger. ANd it it would, this would give you any benefit.
(04-13-2012, 12:25 PM)jesalvein Wrote: sure.
but this won't be helpful since pcsx2 will use at least 2 cores.
thus turbo boost won't trigger. ANd it it would, this would give you any benefit.

I found a great video on youtube on how to overclock the exact CPU that I have, so i've done that. I also downloaded that version of PCSX2 that was suggested by the poster before you, the are a million more options to select from now.
All of my *****, this is confusing Smile
I didn't know you could OC Llano's, that's pretty cool. Just play in native res and make sure you keep an eye on the temps, if you can get it to 2.4ghz you should have some success
Even after all this, nothing will run past 20-30 FPS...
your PC is definitely too weak, then.
sry.