Poll: Was this useful to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
29.17%
7 29.17%
Yes
16.67%
4 16.67%
No
54.17%
13 54.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
(02-17-2014, 05:28 PM)mesfer25 Wrote: http://www.gulfup.com/?YFxbzg

http://www.gulfup.com/?UdXIUx

I am thinking that PCSX2 won't run on your system because you run your OS in a non-roman letters system locale. Could you try switching to English locale?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"

Sponsored links

well the same issue

its always the problem with libZZOglPG.bundle

if you have any more solution pleas

if not thank for helping
Did you change your system locale? Never even heard of this issue before.

Guide here:
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/a...-platforms

You will be wanting to change the user locale, not the UI language.
I'm trying to run pcsx2 on my OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard.) I've been trying to complete step six of this guide, but for some reason the terminal screen in XQuartz won't accept my root enabler password (screenshot below). I can't figure out the problem. Hypothetically, let's say my password is PASSWORD. I type PASSWORD and nothing happens. Then, I hit the enter key and I get a message saying my password is wrong. I've typed and retyped my password too many times for this to just be a case of me making typos. My password to enable roots is simple and I know the roots are turned on. I've tried changing the password (again to something simple and memorable), but no matter how many times I enter it the terminal acts as if it is incorrect. What gives?

(If you can help with this, please, answer with steps as detailed as possible. I've never tried anything like this before.)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(03-30-2014, 03:55 AM)JadeTigerRider Wrote: I'm trying to run pcsx2 on my OS X 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard.) I've been trying to complete step six of this guide, but for some reason the terminal screen in XQuartz won't accept my root enabler password (screenshot below). I can't figure out the problem. Hypothetically, let's say my password is PASSWORD. I type PASSWORD and nothing happens. Then, I hit the enter key and I get a message saying my password is wrong. I've typed and retyped my password too many times for this to just be a case of me making typos. My password to enable roots is simple and I know the roots are turned on. I've tried changing the password (again to something simple and memorable), but no matter how many times I enter it the terminal acts as if it is incorrect. What gives?

(If you can help with this, please, answer with steps as detailed as possible. I've never tried anything like this before.)

I'm sorry to say that your password IS not the one you think it is. The only reason it would ever tell you it's the wrong password is because it does not match the original password first input, also just in case you're not aware, it does NOT ask for the password you use to log in with. Maybe you made misspelled when creating the password in the first place? Please try changing root password. And use only normal english letters and numbers, it might help.

EDIT:
Found this on Apple, it might help you if you can't change the root password due to a typo.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1278

Please DO POINT 7, don't think it's unnecessary, since using the computer in root mode by default is a huge security breach.
I wonder if this will ever be a possibility. I have followed the guide and read this thread in hopes of an answer and haven't found it. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (Intel), I have used PCSX2 0.9.6 for Snow Leopard and Leopard since it was suggested if the former didn't work, neither did. The problem is always the same: try to launch from terminal or x11, the app appears in the doc for less than a second then disappears. there is no error message in terminal or x11 when this happens. I installed the nvidia frameworks, enabled the root user (was i supposed to do anything more than enable it?) tried using batchmod, and i am able to do EVERYTHING that is asked in the guides yet I can't get this thing to open. What else could I try?
(06-08-2014, 04:09 PM)tyser Wrote: I wonder if this will ever be a possibility. I have followed the guide and read this thread in hopes of an answer and haven't found it. I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 (Intel), I have used PCSX2 0.9.6 for Snow Leopard and Leopard since it was suggested if the former didn't work, neither did. The problem is always the same: try to launch from terminal or x11, the app appears in the doc for less than a second then disappears. there is no error message in terminal or x11 when this happens. I installed the nvidia frameworks, enabled the root user (was i supposed to do anything more than enable it?) tried using batchmod, and i am able to do EVERYTHING that is asked in the guides yet I can't get this thing to open. What else could I try?

Did you try launch PCSX2 through X11/Terminal, or just through double clicking? And no, you're not supposed to do anything more than enable root user, at least not in those windows. Root user must be enabled for SUDO commands to work :-)
i attempted to launch pcsx2 via the command first within terminal, then x11, and after they both just showed the icon jump then disappear in the dock, i tried to launch just by clicking in the applications folder and still the same thing, so i have always had the same result no matter what method used. this is mighty confusing, it's rare when the instructions don't work for me so i'm starting to wonder if it's just this old intel mac
(06-09-2014, 05:16 AM)tyser Wrote: i attempted to launch pcsx2 via the command first within terminal, then x11, and after they both just showed the icon jump then disappear in the dock, i tried to launch just by clicking in the applications folder and still the same thing, so i have always had the same result no matter what method used. this is mighty confusing, it's rare when the instructions don't work for me so i'm starting to wonder if it's just this old intel mac

No, it should work on Intel Macs (mine was Intel too) and if it can run SL without issues, I see no reason why it shouldn't work. Did you launch it as SUDO or just regularly when you used X11/Terminal? Have you tried redownloading?
i definitely launched it as SUDO, also pardon my ignorance but i'm not 100% sure what SL is so i'm not sure if i can run it fine. I have downloaded pcsx2 for mac a few times, all were 0.9.6. i would imagine if i dl pcsx2 again i can just overwrite the existing app in the applications folder, would you recommend i uninstall and/or just reinstall anything else mentioned in the tutorial?