Poll: Was this useful to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
29.17%
7 29.17%
Yes
16.67%
4 16.67%
No
54.17%
13 54.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
All right, so I downloaded the version for Lion today (which apparently was *released* today -- lucky me), and I fought with it for a while. It won.

First of all, if I start it from double-clicking, when I try to open a game, it'll give these errors:

Can't create log file logs/GSzzogl.log

GS plugin failed to initialize. Error Code: -1

OK then. So I follow the guide above and start it from XQuartz itself under tcsh root. Stuff actually happens! Amazing! I get "Plugins loaded successfully." in the xterm. So I try to actually open an .iso, and this happens:

The screen widens to a white 800x600, as per the configs, and the xterm spits out a bunch of success messages. Then, it flashes black and disappears, and the PCSX2 app itself disappears from the dock. The xterm says this, after a bunch of other stuff:

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb 6 2003 08:38:48
CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2004-0614, 32M

[rest of path that I won't include]/PCSX2.app/Contents/Resources/script: line 10: 63465 Abort trap: 6 ./pcsx2

That is... not informative. What's going on and how do I get this to work? This happens even when I try to run the BIOS without an .iso. What is the problem that I need to correct here?

Thanks so much!

Sponsored links

i've updated the package - can you redownload and try again?
Hey, that works! The sound is terribly choppy and I haven't even tried setting up a controller yet, but I suspect that these are plugin settings I can fiddle with. Thank you very much!
I don't get any windows whatsoever. Help?
(07-05-2012, 12:39 AM)swampertkamm85 Wrote: I don't get any windows whatsoever. Help?

Quick guess...
The PCSX2 icon jumps a bit in dock, and nothing else happens?
If that is the case, then follow the first guide...
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Okay. Also, I don't see X11 in my apps.
X11 is in the utilities folder
13" MacBook Pro (March 2011)
Display: 1280x800
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.3 GHz w/ 2.9 GHz Turbo Boost
Memory: 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3
(07-05-2012, 09:12 PM)swampertkamm85 Wrote: Okay. Also, I don't see X11 in my apps.

YOu are supposed to use Spotlight to search for it, not find it manually ^_^
(It makes no difference to what it does by the way you open it, so either way is fine ^_^)
Having an issue, my brother had the same problem on his Mac. I input my password, then see:

[************-MacBook-ProTongue2csx2.app/Contents/macos] root#

(*** are my computer name) and enter

./pcsx2

Once that is entered, I'm shown an error code:

2012-07-07 14:02:58.859 pcsx2[1126:903] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting

I'm confused. Pcsx2.app is in the applications folder, and the package contents show an info.plist file in /Contents, and the pscsx2 file is in the /macos folder. So far as I can tell, everything is there.

Any help?
(07-07-2012, 09:21 PM)strat_guy Wrote: Having an issue, my brother had the same problem on his Mac. I input my password, then see:

[************-MacBook-ProTongue2csx2.app/Contents/macos] root#

(*** are my computer name) and enter

./pcsx2

Once that is entered, I'm shown an error code:

2012-07-07 14:02:58.859 pcsx2[1126:903] No Info.plist file in application bundle or no NSPrincipalClass in the Info.plist file, exiting

I'm confused. Pcsx2.app is in the applications folder, and the package contents show an info.plist file in /Contents, and the pscsx2 file is in the /macos folder. So far as I can tell, everything is there.

Any help?

Ahhh yes, that one...
I used several hours on fixing it, if not 10....
Anyways, the fix SHOULD be the second guide.