Poll: Was this useful to you?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
29.17%
7 29.17%
Yes
16.67%
4 16.67%
No
54.17%
13 54.17%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

For everyone with issues starting PCSX2 Mac
Hello. Right now, I'm trying the 2nd guide and it isn't asking me for my password anymore. When I type sudo tcsh it just jumps down a line and says "root#"

Any advice?

Sponsored links

so the nvidia developer site is down http://www.nvidia.com/content/devzone/index.html (says it got hacked) and i'm having a lot of difficulty finding a place to download the cg framework package.. any suggestions?
(07-14-2012, 07:18 PM)pribylsnbits Wrote: so the nvidia developer site is down http://www.nvidia.com/content/devzone/index.html (says it got hacked) and i'm having a lot of difficulty finding a place to download the cg framework package.. any suggestions?

Download Moviestorm. It has a CG Framework installer in it.
(07-13-2012, 08:50 AM)philam Wrote: Hello. Right now, I'm trying the 2nd guide and it isn't asking me for my password anymore. When I type sudo tcsh it just jumps down a line and says "root#"

Any advice?
Sorry for being late, been fishing for some days.

Yes, that happens whenever you already have logged in with sudo in the same session and then logged out of the console or not closed Terminal/X11 completely.

In other words, it is supposed to say root#, whetever you type password or not. ^_^ (I.e, just contine on to the next step ^_^)
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
so I can open pscx2 just fine and get to the blue screen ([attachment=38951]) but then when i try to open an .iso file I briefly get this screen [attachment=38952] not sure if that attachment is working- it is a window with "ZeroGS" at the top

before that closes/crashes and leaves me with this:

ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-onEcNG/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: Disabling MRT depth writing
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 57790 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

I am trying to run the game FFX. I have also tried the run-->execute sequence which produces this:

ZZogl: creating zerogs
ZZogl: Got Doublebuffered Visual!
ZZogl: glX-Version 1.4
Xlib: extension "XFree86-VidModeExtension" missing on display "/tmp/launch-onEcNG/org.macosforge.xquartz:0".
ZZogl: Depth 24
ZZogl: you have Direct Rendering!
ZZogl: Using multitexturing
ZZogl: Maximun texture size is 16384 for Tex_2d and 16384 for Tex_NV
pcsx2.sh: line 2: 57952 Segmentation fault: 11 ./pcsx2

system specs:
Mac 13" Macbook Pro

Processor: 2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 384 MB
Software: Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4 (11E2620)

suggestions? thanks!
(if it makes a difference i got the cg framework from moviestorm because nvidia is down)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hmmmmm, could you tell me wich game you are trying to run`?
trying to run final fantasy x
(07-15-2012, 05:19 PM)pribylsnbits Wrote: trying to run final fantasy x

Well, then I am all out of ideas. Sorry
Sad bummer! I'm thinking it's a problem with the game file. I made some progress by getting 0.9.7 - got alvin and the chipmunks to load to the main menu but I'm getting a "file not found Path:IsoSystem" message for final fantasy. Eventually this will all work, i will be a very happy man, and my walls will thank me for no longer throwing things at them
(07-15-2012, 11:46 PM)pribylsnbits Wrote: Sad bummer! I'm thinking it's a problem with the game file. I made some progress by getting 0.9.7 - got alvin and the chipmunks to load to the main menu but I'm getting a "file not found Path:IsoSystem" message for final fantasy. Eventually this will all work, i will be a very happy man, and my walls will thank me for no longer throwing things at them

Just making sure, you made an ISO of the disk, right?