For the love of PS2 help -.-
Hi there forum, I'm new here so I'll get right to the point.
I have been agonizing over getting PCSX2 to run at an acceptable FPS, I've tried various configurations I've found online (the most recent of which is the official configuration manual on this forum) and cannot get the emulator to work at speed.
It is fine playing an FMV, but the moment it needs to render something the FPS crashes to 10-26/sec and that, simply put, is painful to play a game on.
Here is a list (and pictures Laugh) of the appropriate components of my rig, the plugins I'm using, and the way in which they are currently configured.
I really hope that someone has some advice or a fix that I have missed.

Thanks,
Atomic_Bebop

Rig:
Q6600 quad-core OC'd to 3.138 gHz
8MB DDR-2 RAM
Radeon 5770 1GB GRAM
Vista Ultimate x64

Plugins:
ZeroGS 0.97.1
SPU-X 1.1.0
LilyPad 0.9.9
Linuz Iso CDVD 0.8.0
(DEV9, USB, and FW are all null drivers)

Here is the ZeroGS configuration I'm using

And here is the SPU-X configuration I'm using

*EDIT*
By checking the "Stops all resolving of targets" box in the advanced graphics options, I got the FPS in-game to hit 35-40. Still obviously too slow, but I'm making progress.

Sponsored links

first, try using gsdx instead of zeroGs
second, which game are you trying to run ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
and you can also get ZZogl,depends on which game you are playing
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
I have GSdx10 (MSCV 15, SSE2) 0.1.4
I resorted to zerogs after reading the config manual here actually. When I used GSdx I had the same result of low FPS, what settings do you recommend? Perhaps I noobed it up...
I have tried running Suikoden III, Suikoden IV, Suikoden Tactics, Armored Core 3, and Final Fantasy XII. They all run painfully Sad
I'll try to find ZZogl tonight after I write a paper and post the results.

Thanks!
GSdx10 is a very old version, you should have GSdx 0.1.14 890 at least but you should really try newer ones that come in the newest beta PCSX2 and december 30th plugin packs:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
OK! So I am now using the 1888 beta version and with some tweaking it has FFXII running at 60fps (usually)
The strange thing about it is that although it displays 60fps it is rather sluggish in many areas, cities especially. However, the FPS stays at 60 even though I am slow-motion jogging through Rabanastre for example. Does anyone else have this problem?
speedhacks fake fps counter.

Nothing you can do about it except disabling speedhacks.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-14-2010, 10:07 PM)Atomic_Bebop Wrote: OK! So I am now using the 1888 beta version and with some tweaking it has FFXII running at 60fps (usually)
The strange thing about it is that although it displays 60fps it is rather sluggish in many areas, cities especially. However, the FPS stays at 60 even though I am slow-motion jogging through Rabanastre for example. Does anyone else have this problem?

If you activated speedhacks this is a cause from them, usually VU cycle stealing set too high or x2 cycle rate will cause it.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64