Forbidden Siren 2 assistance please? :D
I am currently using the most recent version of PCSX2.

Graphics Plugin is Zero 0.97,1 which runs fast with vertical lines on the screen, then I was using one of the GSDX plug-ins which ran slower, but with better quality.

I've tried to run the emulator with various settings on the Zero plugin checked and un-checked, but I'm not 'skilled' enough to fine-tune the GSDX one, as if that even had anything to do with it (for some reason, it won't play retail games straight from the tower, I have to .iso it. Quite a hassle, but that's another matter entirely.. Well, not really, since this is a retail game.. LOL.)

The issue, however, is at the beginning of the game.

I come across a dead body, and accomplish a mission. Then right before the cut-scene where it should have loaded the next Mission, there was just a black screen and the fps flickered between 48-50.

I read that it worked a bit better with the 0.9.4 version. I've yet to find an archived binary of that.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

Well that was a waste of my time.

Always enjoy that.
Well don't go complaining....I found a 0.9.4 version in one google search...

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Emu/PCSX2.shtml
Lmao.. Thanks. Tongue
Sorry if I seemed a bit whiny, LOL.. I just waited AGES to get this game, and it was sooo expensive. LOL. And I couldn't even play..>.>
Well that didn't work either..

Sorry to have wasted everyone's time. I have no idea how they got this game to work..

ZeroGS KOSMOS 0.97.1 || Defaults setting || AA4X ||ON Move AA None||
ZerosSPU2 0.4.4 || Enable Time Scaling ||

On version 0.9.4 is completely ineffective, though AA DOES slow my games, and I don't know how to do the 'On move AA none' thing. I doubt AA has any impact on the ability to see the screen.
AA in ZeroGS is just increasing the internal resolution some games dont like that so yeah it could cause issues like that, setting it to AA = none might work but then again it's not a certain thing and well if it's another issue it might not make a difference. Tried using GSdx with "native" checkbox enabled?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
>> I was surprised to see that this game work just fine on r1888 Gsdx 1873 SSE41 : No vertical black line no slowdown...

>> on 0.9.6 with Gsdx 890 SSE41 it work but with vertical black lines and little slowdown

>> but on 0.9.7.2650 with Gsdx 2649 SSE41 on menu or on movies I have again the same vertical lines, but in game i have full black screen (by pushing start i go to the menu who is still visible off course) the game still running normaly (sound fps etc) but in black screen not easy to play ^^
( -> if i use plugins GSdx 890 or 1873 on this version 0.9.7 I have same result : black screen in game
-> yes i compiled this version perfectly, it's the first game on the 100+ list of ISO who is not working on this version but on older one)

(Off course i use the same config for both version)

So I play with no problem on r1888, my message is not a crying for help, just a "FYI" for the devs working on this new alpha version...
(03-10-2010, 11:09 PM)sombrelame Wrote: >> I was surprised to see that this game work just fine on r1888 Gsdx 1873 SSE41 : No vertical black line no slowdown...

>> on 0.9.6 with Gsdx 890 SSE41 it work but with vertical black lines and little slowdown

>> but on 0.9.7.2650 with Gsdx 2649 SSE41 on menu or on movies I have again the same vertical lines, but in game i have full black screen (by pushing start i go to the menu who is still visible off course) the game still running normaly (sound fps etc) but in black screen not easy to play ^^
( -> if i use plugins GSdx 890 or 1873 on this version 0.9.7 I have same result : black screen in game
-> yes i compiled this version perfectly, it's the first game on the 100+ list of ISO who is not working on this version but on older one)

(Off course i use the same config for both version)

So I play with no problem on r1888, my message is not a crying for help, just a "FYI" for the devs working on this new alpha version...

Where did you get the emulator and version of Siren 2?
Please make your own thread instead of responding to a 3 year old thread which is already dead.