Force External GPU?
After seeing me play PCSX2 on my lame 1.4GHz i3 (2nd gen) setup, my little bro decided to try it on his comp.
His comp has a 2.3GHz i5 (1st gen) CPU and an nVidia GT 520M, but PCSX2 defaults to the i5 integrated graphics. It should probably work (haven't tested yet - we're off to dinner) but we would rather use the nVidia GPU. How can I force PCSX2 to use it instead of the integrated graphics?
Intel i3-2367M CPU @ 1.4GHz, 4096MB RAM. Integrated Graphics only. Not sure how it's working with no lag.

Sponsored links

(04-24-2012, 03:06 PM)GrygrFlzr Wrote: After seeing me play PCSX2 on my lame 1.4GHz i3 (2nd gen) setup, my little bro decided to try it on his comp.
His comp has a 2.3GHz i5 (1st gen) CPU and an nVidia GT 520M, but PCSX2 defaults to the i5 integrated graphics. It should probably work (haven't tested yet - we're off to dinner) but we would rather use the nVidia GPU. How can I force PCSX2 to use it instead of the integrated graphics?

go to nvidia control panel>manage 3D setting and put pcsx2.exe there.. my cousin laptop always uses integrated graphics and that solves the problem in pcsx2 cause it uses nvidia optimus
I'm getting "You are not using a display currently connected to nVidia" (or something like that) when I try accessing the nVidia control panel.
Intel i3-2367M CPU @ 1.4GHz, 4096MB RAM. Integrated Graphics only. Not sure how it's working with no lag.
(04-24-2012, 03:46 PM)GrygrFlzr Wrote: I'm getting "You are not using a display currently connected to nVidia" (or something like that) when I try accessing the nVidia control panel.

try to google that error.. you'll find the answer
install new optimus drivers.

hes probably running the ***** that the OEM preinstalled.
Getting 'NVidia Installer Failed'... Neither PhysX or Graphics Driver installed.
Using this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html
Or is that the wrong driver?
(04-25-2012, 04:24 PM)GrygrFlzr Wrote: Getting 'NVidia Installer Failed'... Neither PhysX or Graphics Driver installed.
Using this one: http://www.nvidia.com/object/notebook-wi...river.html
Or is that the wrong driver?

have him try this one, the 520M is listed as compatable+^_^+
http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/43710
Signature purposefully left blank.
[Image: VPndi.png]
T_T
Pretty much the same result as the other one.
i think you need to update the Intel display Driver 1st.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Ouch. Where might I find one for that? I tried searching the Intel Driver page but came up with no results.
It's an i5 2410M, in case you're wondering.
The integrated graphics are working pretty well, no lags or anything so far, but I think we can push it even further (resolution?) using the nVidia card.