Force Feedback Using SteamOS Xpad Driver?
(10-28-2015, 01:21 AM)shoegazer Wrote: 3kinox: totally agreed on your thoughts regarding pulseaudio.  I've been testing gregory's latest SPU2-X PR which adds an option to set the SDL driver to alsa - and while it works nicely, you have to set it every time you launch PCSX2 for some reason we haven't yet figured out (it's set to alsa in the GUI on launch, but won't actually use alsa until you revert to pulseaudio and back to alsa in the GUI).  Oddly enough, if you set "export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa" in console before launching, it starts with alsa just fine, regardless of how the GUI is set.

I guess this is standard behaviour from SDL... Defaulting to pulseaudio if it is installed.
I fear "export SDL_AUDIODRIVER=alsa" is more or less mandatory if you want a "clean" solution.Maybe that can be added to launch script.
I've encountered this kind of problems with games where this was the only way. I believe valve ever made a little speech on that problem too.

PS: what do you have against French person, do you really want your evdev backend? Wink

Sponsored links

Oh no, just realized you interpreted my comment as related to French - it wasn't of course - it was relating to "unhappy PCSX2 users!" sorry about that.. fixed. Smile

From what you say, I guess if you want clear sound you'll have to launch PCSX2 from a script. I've done that. Hopefully someday there'll be a better way but as long as something works, I guess it's ok. The current SPU2-X plugin as in main seems fine then.
Normally you can provide a parameter to another function. Otherwise I can do the env export in code. It is really strange I don't see the difference between the 2.
Maybe someone done the init before me. Or we don't properly close the device (I have a patch for this one). Honestly, it just sucks.
Edit: I found the issue with SDL2. Just a silly API.

Edit2: New SPU2x available here New SPU2x available here https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/pull/929
Okay, great. For Ctrl-c I might have an idea too. Since you only activate audio in SPU2, when evdev backend is there, it should automatically solve problem, since only the input parts are supposed to catch. I may also be able to solve it in SDL with some remote option. Which would allow to remove one of the most stupid bug ever then Wink
I truly wonder who had the idea that avoiding Ctrl-c to do its work was a good idea...
Gregory: thanks for the updated SPU2-X plugin - tested and working well here, now no need to init the audiodriver before running (hooray). Smile That said, I wonder what the heck is wrong with pulseaudio esp. on my end. It would be nice if another user with the same platform (Mint 17.2 x64, kernel 3.16) could test pulseaudio driver and report here.
(10-28-2015, 07:28 PM)3kinox Wrote: Okay, great. For Ctrl-c I might have an idea too. Since you only activate audio in SPU2, when evdev backend is there, it should automatically solve problem, since only the input parts are supposed to catch. I may also be able to solve it in SDL with some remote option. Which would allow to remove one of the most stupid bug ever then Wink
I truly wonder who had the idea that avoiding Ctrl-c to do its work was a good idea...

We don't want to quit your video game, if you use a bad shortcut. However there is maybe an options. Otherwise, onepad likely the ctrl-C, so we just need to call an exit function.
I think it is related to those functions
Code:
SDL_QuitInit()
SDL_QuitQuit()
It might just need to call the 2nd one.

Hum it seems they send an event to the application SDL_SendAppEvent(SDL_QUIT);

Edit: I pushed a fix to handle the event properly.