Force Feedback Using SteamOS Xpad Driver?
(10-25-2015, 12:44 AM)kust2708 Wrote: Ok, this one must works (works on my laptop).
Let me know if there is another problem.

Hmm.. same issue - crashed PCSX2.

Sponsored links

hey shoe,

Can you try this one?

Attached Files
.zip   libonepad-1.1.0.so.zip (Size: 911,17 KB / Downloads: 183)
On LinuxMint 14.1 with latest snapshot from gregory's ppa it works, great GUI, on my controller the rumble is always on max even when intensity is at minimum, problably becauese i have a generic controller a Dragonrise. awesome work

EDIT: After all,changing rumble intensity isn't saved when i apply changes thats why it is always on max
3kinox: same thing, PCSX2 crashes whenever I try to configure the new plugin. I'm blowing away the old OnePAD.ini and having the new plugin recreate but it makes no difference. Also, I noticed the new plugin is almost 10x the size of the old - is that expected?
size increased is likely due to image (and potentially debug symbol). Maybe there are some conflict with SDL version. Could you try with a SPU2NULL plugin.

Edit: otherwise just wait the integration Tongue2
So I tried with the null spu2-x plugin... and that worked, no more crashes. The new plugin looks quite nice, a HUGE improvement! A few comments:

1) Try to incorporate "left joystick config", "right joystick config" and especially "gamepad configuration" on the main menu so it doesn't require opening an entirely separate window. IMHO, all options should be one click away, on the main menu.

2) Consider adding a "Set all buttons" option, which configures all buttons at once, with some visual indicator as to which one the UI is currently focused on.

3) The option "Use mouse for left analogic joy" should be "Use mouse for left analog joystick". ;-)

Otherwise, very nice! I'm wondering if you could work your magic on other areas too (especially the main UI, which imho badly needs a serious overhaul). It will be really great to have a Qt-based UI rather than wx (with some of your work hopefully surviving the transition), but this is quite good in the meantime...
I'm happy to see my new GUI is appreciated. I spent many time to write it and there are still many fix to do before the integration. Btw, I'm not graphic designer, so I guess this gui can be better if someone with more experience can do it.

@tiagoplacido The feedback (on the main frame) is working well with your gamepad ? We have only a Dualshock 3 & 4 available in our house.
@shoegazer Thanks for your remarks, I can try to integrate the configuration on the main frame, I chose to put these kind of configuration in another frame in order to avoid overload on the main frame and because of the size of some screen (e.g. my laptop has a 720p screen the GUI is just long enough for the height). The "Set all buttons" option is already scheduled if I can find an empty place on the main frame after all modifications.
(10-25-2015, 11:37 PM)kust2708 Wrote: @tiagoplacido The feedback (on the main frame) is working well with your gamepad ? We have only a Dualshock 3 & 4 available in our house.

Rumble works but the intensity it's always on max, when i lower the intensity to minimum, apply changes, closed the plugin window, when i go to the intensity settings again its at maximum not at minimum it doesn't save the changes in intensity level
Kust: Thanks for your explanation. Looking forward to the next revision. Smile
(10-25-2015, 11:48 PM)tiagoplacido Wrote: Rumble works but the intensity it's always on max, when i lower the intensity to minimum, apply changes, closed the plugin window, when i go to the intensity settings again its at maximum not at minimum it doesn't save the changes in intensity level

Do you feel a different intensity when you drag the intensity slider ? Normally, the gamepad must rumble proportionally to the slider value.