sine
sawtooth up & down
constant
triangle
square
and ramp

How do you know which mode to choose?

Sponsored links

Try them and see for yourself, as it may differ depending on your driver... IF the effect is supported at all.
[Image: nbKSK.jpg]
i never got forcefeed back to work in pcsx2 thought im think its cause i never really installed drivers for my logitech cordless rumble 2. i guess the default plug and play drivers dont support
Sine is a soft vibration, sawtooth is a somewhat soft attack followed by an abrupt cutdown, and the square wave is a very abrupt attack followed by an equally abrupt cutdown after short period of sustain, the most "aggressive" one.

Actually you can "imagine" the effect observing the wave form.

PS: imagine a car climbing a low and short obstacle in the form of a rectangle triangle ramp and falling at it's end (sawtooth), if that obstacle has a descending ramp at the other side it is a triangle wave (not so soft but similar to sine), now imagine the car wheels crashing directly against the curb...

Ideally these waveforms are meant to use not only as a vibration but as a single pulse also... that's not case of cheap controllers where is sent only the signals to activate the big and the smaller motors.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks, I finally got an answer to this question.
Yeah vibration works for me, I use a 20 dollar adapter called super joy box 5 pro, it has 4 ps2 ports, pressure sensitivity and re-map-able buttons,but you need to download the updated driver from mayflash for the vibration to work. That's if you guys are interested and really want vibration and use an official dual shock 2.
thanks again
(03-26-2013, 06:05 PM)Soldiershak Wrote: Thanks, I finally got an answer to this question.
Yeah vibration works for me, I use a 20 dollar adapter called super joy box 5 pro, it has 4 ps2 ports, pressure sensitivity and re-map-able buttons,but you need to download the updated driver from mayflash for the vibration to work. That's if you guys are interested and really want vibration and use an official dual shock 2.
thanks again

Well, I forgot to explain the "constant"... actually that means only the controller is put on constant vibration instead activated by events in the game. Some may like it but I can't see any sense in such Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real