Forced new tab / target blank
The notification about new posts in subscribed threads directs to the same page (the forum).
The link on the main page directs from www.pcsx2.net to forums.pcsx2.net. I think it's debatable if this is still the same or already a different page.

Target blank is not allowed in xhtml 1.0 (strict) and xhtml 1.1 it is only allowed in xhtml 1.0 (transitional) and possibly in (frameset) which are both more or less backwards compatible sets to html4. html5 allows it again and hopefully html5 and xhtml1.1 get merged at some point. I guess target blank will be removed then.

I know that target="_blank" is like a religion. Some believe in it and some not. Obviously we belong to different sides. I guess posting links about 10 reasons against target blank won't help much. Do as you like.

Just the link in the pm notification is really inconvenient and I think it is not in agreement with your statement about external and internal links.

Sponsored links

The source looks like this to me:

[Image: Capture6f6a9.png]

Just with an a tag that's never closed. I guess the software autocloses any tags at the end of posts so that's why it didn't propagate down to your post, but not after e.g. quotes which is why it affected mine.

Edit: FWIW I agree with Bosit's reasoning on opening external pages in new tabs. I do the same on my site.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
To be honest I didn't even know there were target blank factions Tongue I just did as I thought. I can't change stuff in mybb since it will get overwritten in the next update that happens
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I personally prefer when target links to new sites open to new tabs, it just makes sense to me. But I'm a tab whore, I've like 20 open right now heh.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD