Forcing Widescreen
Is there any development going on to force widescreen for games that don't support it like other emulators such as Project 64?

I understand FMV scenes wouldn't be able to be displayed properly and would have to be stretched or require letterboxing, but the in-game viewport should be able to display true widescreen.

Or maybe I am just using the wrong graphics plug-in... right now I am using GSD 10. Is there something better?

Thanks.

Sponsored links

Project64 doesn't force games to play in widescreen... it stretches games. If a game is not designed to display in widescreen, all you can do is letter box, or stretch things out of proportion.

That said, you are free to force stretching in GSDx, just turn the widescreen option on.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(10-01-2009, 12:32 AM)Koji Wrote: Project64 doesn't force games to play in widescreen... it stretches games.

Yes it does. Yet, is not the emulator the one doing it, the gfx plugin is the one doing the job.
(10-01-2009, 01:09 AM)stpdrgstr Wrote:
(10-01-2009, 12:32 AM)Koji Wrote: Project64 doesn't force games to play in widescreen... it stretches games.

Yes it does. Yet, is not the emulator the one doing it, the gfx plugin is the one doing the job.

Right. Any chance that pcsx2 could get the same type of option on its graphic plugins?
Hmm I did not know that... It probably has to do with HOW things are emulated... I am by no means an expert on N64 emulation, my guess would be that it renders an entire scene completely independant of what's actually currently being displayed... That's not the case with the PS2 (and all current generation games and game systems). If something isn't on screen, it's not being rendered and thus can't be displayed.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Well this suggestion is not compeletely unreal, but very hard to made it in a proper way. PS2 designers had a habbit to use a rather disgusting methods of GS quickening, some of them are very hard to emulate. You could try to recode GS plugin, change perspective set-up. Well, try, and if you succeed, you will be praised.