Forum Categories / Layout / Environment
Greetings,

During my stay I noticed alot of things what can be changed to a higher level. Do not judge me on the fact that I have 2 posts, and that Im quite new. I just analyzed the stats so far, and this is my opinion regarding those things.
  • Categories:
  • Forum Structure
  • Layout
  • Environmental graphics

Forum Structure:

The forums have no play ground to start with it. I see the chit-chat corner, which is about free talking, and whatsoever. As for the rest, it's all business related; updates, news, discussions, and more.

I'm suggesting to throw in a bit of playground for users, so the Forum can be 'more' occupied, and active. For instance: You could add a graphical forum for those who wish to show of their signatures, avatars, or whatsoever, anything graphical related. This way, users might, or even will be more active on the boards - Every forum should have a playground for users to be excited about.

Other idea's for forum categories are:

- Movies
- Anime
- Guides
- Events * Special Events

--------------------------

The more, the great aspect a forum would have. You may consider this as a boring / preach from me. However, know that I could be right in some point.

Layout:

The top priority for a forum is about graphics. A forum needs to be appealing so you can leech users from the net. And, it needs to be user-friendly to the user's liking. It's all about appeal, and how can you achieve this? There are a few simple method's in showing the user-friendly layout your aiming for, these are:

- Not too bright
- Not too dark
- Well matching colors
- Clear and visible font color (E.G: #666666 on #FFFFFF)

In this regard, the owners/ and developers do not need to think of their self (Im not judging) - It's about the users. You create a website/forum so different users can view the website/forum - That's why it's all about the users in this regard. Make it so the forum + website is user-friendly to "their" likings. You could see them as your little customers, and you want to show good service. Wink

Think about this too.

And remember,

Better layout + userfriendly aspects = more users

------------------

Graphics:

Latest trends, color use, font use, navigation use, header use, javascript use, css use, php/html/xhtml use, and the list goes through the roof.

Graphics defines the layout. It shows the definition for your own website, in this case; PCSX2.net

Having a wonderfull logo, and a matching website/forum - will bring you more active users. And today's latest, it's all about features. Profiles on your website, active db in search elements, javascript backgrounds, and again, the list goes down. Without offending you guys "too" much - I do have to say that you lack features, really alot. Consider, and think how to improve your website/forum-

You may contact me in this; I have years of experience.

Good luck, and again, do not take offence. Smile

Sincerely,

Nnjaa
1024MB, 3.5GHZ, nVidia GeForce 6600 GT, Windows XP Professional SP 2

"Money does not create happiness" - Yeah right~

Sponsored links

about Graphics: I agree (I don't like these things though XD)

about Layout: you are certainly right mainstream is very user appealing but in a way this forum is mainstream(try the new theme under edit in your cp)

about Structure: I have to strongly disagree, this forum is as it seems for one sole purpose dev/user communication this forum doesn't need dead user weight in fact it's hard enough as it is

pscx2 based events would be nice though like who makes the best pcsx2 logo xD smileys layout or something

It's my opinion ^^ don't hit me XD
Chicken is not Vegan?

NO VEGAN DIET NO VEGAN POWERS!!!!

http://www.flixxy.com/my-blackberry-is-not-working.htm
Hello Kabooz,

I'm not going to hit you based on your opinion. Everyone has their own opinions. There would be world war if we all had the same opinions, I appreciate that you reacted upon my feedback and whatsoever.

Even though we have different opinions. Our assumption is the same.Smile

Oops, sorry for the double post .. I kinda forgot that I posted as last.. Anyway,

I made my own version logo for PCSX2.net - I used different style combinations to make it appealing.

Settings: Bevel And Emboss, Inner Light, Drop Shadow, Inner Shadow, Contour, Texture, Stroke

Final result:

[Image: pcsxlogo2.jpg]

Rate & CC.

Sincerely,

Nnjaa

Very well now let's see...

About forum structure, the answer is no. This is not a community, it's a support forum for a very specific emulator. It's not like emulation communities at all.
As such, we have absolutely no intention of adding forums. As a matter of fact, we're going to reduce the number of forums soon, to reflect the project merge, as soon as we are ready.

About layout, the new theme I think is really good, easy to read and such, we may add more themes in the future, who knows...

About graphics, well we kinda like the site. It's nice and clean. To be honest, graphic means little, what we need is better functionality (i.e. better compatibility list), and that's already being looked into.

But if you want to try and create more layouts, feel free to do so and show us, we'll take a look at them.
I understand how you look at it. I respect that, thank you for your reaction upon this thread.

However,

I do think improvements can happen. And with that I mean the layout, graphical environment, features, functionallity. And much more.

I'll show you something what graphics can do. They do make a change, appeal change. Give me some time. I will construct a layout based upon 100% graphics.

Alright, sorry for the double post. Again.. - I won't do it again! :3

Anyway, I made a really fast concept of what I can make, so do not see this as my best. It's rather my worse work ever. But I just made it quick to show you my abillity:

[Image: example.jpg]

I updated the layout with some clean-ups, added 1px layer lines, and various:

[Image: update.jpg]

Cooool
I assume that you like the layout? Simple words..

But short and strong.

Thanks. Smile

Mhm.. Just a little show off how it would basically look while being online.

Note: This is a quickly programmed layout. Thusly, margins, and right colours will be missing! Take that in mind before rating it!

http://www.deliverance-support.com/pcsx2