Forum Search Broken?
Somewhere between 9-10-11 and 9-11-11, the forum's search ability seems to have started malfunctioning.

I can do a search, and get plenty of thread results, but any thread I try to follow the link to comes up "The specified thread does not exist." This has happened with every search I have tried to run since last Sunday morning, regardless of which board the thread is listed under.

However, I CAN find my chosen thread by making a note of the post date, going to the board it was in, and skimming through the pages until I locate it. But with some boards having several hundred pages of threads it is painfully time-consuming, even with jumping blocks of pages to zero in on posts from the correct date. Point is, I'm not just having the bad luck of choosing dead threads- the search function isn't linking to them properly.

I'm aware that there is the outside chance it's something in my computer. I say an "outside" chance because between my last "successful" search and the beginning of this problem, I made exactly ZERO changes to my system's configuration, didn't install any updates to my OS or any software that entire day (no updates waiting on restart hanging in the wings), and didn't add anything new when I brought it back up the next morning either.

Sponsored links

Yeah you're right, the forum's archive mode is also broken, it's due to an issue with Nginx (we switched to that from apache in the last downtime). We'll look into it, thanks for reporting
[Image: newsig.jpg]
getdaily works, which is just a search for posts in the last 24 hours. and im not having issues with archive mode D:
just tested search and thats working as well. it might be a cookie glitch.
"Forum Search Broken?"
I thought it always was "special", anyway. Laugh

You should try searching this site with Google. You can do that by typing the following into the Google search:

site:forums.pcsx2.net

... followed by a space, then the terms you'd like to search. Like this example:

site:forums.pcsx2.net God of War
(09-13-2011, 08:33 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: getdaily works, which is just a search for posts in the last 24 hours. and im not having issues with archive mode D:
just tested search and thats working as well. it might be a cookie glitch.

We semi fixed it along the way.

Quote:"Forum Search Broken?"
I thought it always was "special", anyway.

Truth is, mybb's search is pretty crap to useless. Google search works so much better no one should bother with the internal one Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]