Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forums Today
I thought i'd make a thread about what i think of forums today.

Recently i watched a foamy cartoon, where Jonathan Ian Mathers uses foamy to express his views. In this episode foamy talks about forums, i agree on almost half whats said.

when i first came onto this forum for help it seemed its the only true forum without some kind of smack talk or flaming, and it still is, bar a few posts i've seen today, hence why i decided to make this thread. Forum users should probably watch this cartoon.

http://www.friendsoffoamy.com/videos/for...pisode-164

There are many rights and wrongs about it. Maybe i am some pixel prick, maybe not (lol). Its true that when i go onto a forum, i ask for help, post my specs, and then get "lol" posts, 15 "you suck" posts, 20 "your hardware is crap" posts, and 1 helpfull post that solves some other problem alltogether. sucks.

The reason i stay on this forum is because other people here talk about my 2nd most loved console, the ps2(i don't usually like forums). Also with some interesting views about emulation, about it being right and wrong. And hell i might as well use what little i know to help people with thier PCSX2 endevours.
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram

Sponsored links

Well to tell you the truth,since I've been moderating for quite some years now,our forum at this moment is pretty good on the helpful member / lamer ratio...I've seen many good and helpful posts by members,even when they're not so sure about how to solve a problem.
Of course there are always the typical people who whine,flame etc,but that doesn't mean that a forum isn't helpful Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I agree, forums are helpfull. There are smart people out there and people who just want to help, but the number of master chiefs out there is unreal (see master cheif sucks at halo series).

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
Well mostly when I say you need a bit better hardware to get full speed or then say it will be slow. Below 50% of normal speed is unbearable to play. Above its playable then (atleast for me).

Well when there are 6 billion people out there and then maybe 0.1-0.5% knows PCSX2 and maybe 20% of those come to forums then posting their thoughts and 1% of those posters then again is obvious questions, threads without meaning, no content etc.
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
If there is something I really don´t enjoy about forums are "wannabe moderators". To me if you are not a moderator you shouldn´t be allowed to trash topics, tell people off or simply dismiss a post just because you think you know better.

If you want the job so badly or the moderators are nowere to be found, then get the job and do it yourself, otherwise do something more constructive like, I don´t know...help that person find an answer.

I´ve seen more "Use the Search Button next time" replys than anything else in every forum I´ve been to.

That helps nobody and only floods the forums with unanswered questions. And then you get more than a millons posts about "How to run Final Fantasy XII" on the same forum Biggrin
Processor: Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0GHZ
Memory: 3GB RAM Kingston
Mainboard: Intel DC33BU
Video Card : GeForce 9600 GT 512MB GDDR3
Heh you are correct in part,but when there have been 10 threads discussing the same issue and yet one more guy creates a thread for the same thing again...telling him to do a search is in my opinion the nicest thing you can tell him,while you could easily say 'you must be blind or too lazy'.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Especially when its the first post the person makes on the forum.
Old habits die hard - System Shock
I dislike those that are blatant pirates, some people are stupid enough to go onto an official forum for a game for something like crysis wars and say that they downloaded it, and need help using thier warez ~.~

As a result I and other honest people have to suffer!

i agree with Akume_fer

I´ve seen more "Use the Search Button next time" replys than anything else in every forum I´ve been to.

That helps nobody and only floods the forums with unanswered questions. And then you get more than a millons posts about "How to run Final Fantasy XII" on the same forum and we can help and know other user from all over the world, etc. Anyway that's what's the forum for.^_^
Mobo: BIOSTAR TH67+
CPU: Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: G-Skill(Ripjaws-X) 4GB Dual-Channel DDR3 PC12800
VGA: Sapphire ARCTIC COOLING HD 5670 1GB