Found a way to play Killzone perfectly!
Well, I was reading a bunch of posts here about people complaining about vertical bars, and/or slowdown, but I tinkered around and found a way for no bars AND no slowdown. I am able to play the game at around 60 FPS with no vertical bars and here's how. First I'd like to say that this will be a text walkthrough, but if people want screen shots of the option boxes let me know.

My specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 540M @2.53Ghz
GPU: ATI RADEON HD 5870
RAM: 4GB @1066 MHz

1)First use the GDsx 4.1 if you can
2)Enable DX11 Hardware
3)Enable hacks by going into your PCSX folder>inis>GDsx.ini and Changing AllowHacks=0 to 1
4)Under the config for the plugin enable Alpha hack (under hacks section) and Skipdraw 2-4 (play around with the numbers for your needs)

I was able to even enable upscaling 2x and Hardware AA (under hacks) without any real bad glitches and it ran smooth. The game runs about 90% as good as it would on the PS2 so I hope this helps some people out.

[Image: 96734687.png]
[Image: 80239341.png]
Alienware M17X R-2
CPU: Intel Core i5 540M @3GHz
RAM: 8GB @1066MHz

My review site on video games, books, and hardware!

Sponsored links

Have you played through the entire game?
I dont have it personally but from what Ive read issues are not only graphical/speed oriented. The game apperently also has a bunch of other bugs including crashes.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
I haven't played through it completely yet no. I'm going to play a big chunk tonight though. I hope I didn't post something useless I just wanted to contribute and help some people out who may not know how to do this.
Alienware M17X R-2
CPU: Intel Core i5 540M @3GHz
RAM: 8GB @1066MHz

My review site on video games, books, and hardware!
Thx! It works, but I still find this game kinda laggy, however it's playable
Normally playing with the skipdraw is not game breaking... most of times the negative factor show up immediately, like missing or incomplete hud... the lack of certain layer may pass unperceived if not compared with the original, most of times without sense of loss (one does not feel what is not seen as missing).

PS: Just remember to return skipdraw to zero before playing another game, and have fun Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks to @ivory_soul!!

This config really help me!! The bars on screen in did disappear!!

I got 50-60 FPS in game whit some velocity hacks; which is really good to play it!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)