Frame Rate Issues
I'm having some frame rate issues with the emulator. I've played 2 games and the issues are caused at different times for different things.

La Pucelle: Tactics :
Frame rate drops from a smooth 58-60 (99%-100%) to 20-35 (30%-35%) after graphic heavy skills and on the world map. No other places so far.

Final Fantasy X :
Randomly drops from 60 FPS to 20-30, no specific trigger as it will catch up sometimes then slow back down intermittently. The FPS seems fine, staying around 56+ through intended cut scenes, IE, the opening scene with Sin attacking the stadium.

Comp Specs:
Operating System
  • MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU
  • Intel Core i7 2630QM @ 2.00GHz
  • Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM
  • 6.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard
  • TOSHIBA PHRAA (CPU 1)

Graphics
  • Generic PnP Monitor (1600x900@60Hz)
  • TF-TV2425 (1920x1080@59Hz)
  • Intel® HD Graphics Family

Hard Drives
  • 699GB TOSHIBA TOSHIBA MK7575GSX (SATA)

PSCX2 Config:

I tried the Speedhacks options a little without goign too far as I'm not fully aware what all of the option do, I have given PCSX2 high priority to see if that helped and it didn't. If this is an issue of my CPU simply not being able to handle the games at certain points, I guess that's understandable. But other than upgrading, is there something that can be done or something I'm missing?

Sponsored links

start by updating pcsx2.
0.9.8 is old and unsupported.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-09-2013, 04:18 AM)jesalvein Wrote: start by updating pcsx2.
0.9.8 is old and unsupported.

I'm in the process of doing that now, if this works, thank you kindly~ If not, I'll be back. Lol
So far so good on La Pucelle Tactics. I'll have to spend 30 minutes trying to get to the part I was at to fully test it but as of right now, upgrading to the current version of PCSX2 is working.
I guess it's because MTVU hack helped you.
but I can't promise you'll always get wonderful results, though. 2.0Ghz is quite weak for pcsx2 and your integrated GPU won't help either.
Final Fantasy X is still slowing down randomly, but I didn't get to the first save point yet so I can't exactly say what causes it as I haven't seen different parts of gameplay.
Yeah, from what I see FFX is just randomly dropping its frame rate by 50% with no real catalyst. I guess it's just my CPU? I'm assuming there's nothing that can be does to speed this up?
Did you set your power plan to performance mode ?
plug-in the AC power
don't run in batteries
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I have my laptop plugged in, and my computer is in performance mode. La Pucelle runs perfectly. FFX drops frames still though.