Frame drops even at 100% speed with 300% EE overclock
The game is Sengoku Basara 2, although I'm sure there are others this might apply to. An example area is the very first one from Kasuga's story

If you just move to the left and right here there's some stutter. The framedrops aren't in the PS3 remaster. Both versions are targeting 60fps, so I'm chalking it up to the PS2 not being able to handle it. What I'm curious about is why the framedrops are still there after overclocking the EE.

Also on this topic, is there a chance we might see a 'real FPS' counter in PCSX2? The current one doesn't take into account 30fps games or in-game frame drops not related to PC hardware

Sponsored links

It might not be the EE struggling, have you tried things like the EE timing hack or vu cycle stealing to see if either of those make a difference?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

False FPS reading cause of messing with speed hacks like EE/VU I remeber seeing tooltips for EE/VU saying this ,but for some reason tooltips for both no longer mention this does this no longer hold true?
It is still true but overclocking the EE should technically show lower fps than actually displayed, as it has always been higher than reality when underclocking
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

technically but that dont hold true in all case, could simple be case of system no strong enough to run the game a full speed