Frame drops in a few games
(08-13-2012, 12:29 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: ah, actually i think i see that when accessing memory cards in xenosaga at times.

always figured it was just mounting the save file. could be that memcard io is done synchronised to the core and thats where the slowdown comes from while it waits for the data to be read.

But it only does that for NIS/GUST games? All other memory card loads (for the games i've listed trying) don't have any problems. D: And it still leaves the question of the sprite slowdown thing. T.T

(edit) I guess I'll just have to wait for a future revision or something x.x thanks for trying =/

(edit 2) well, maybe i spoke too soon? (hopeful eyes)

(edit 3) More than anything, I'd like it to work so that raki bug can be patched and played without me needing a modded PS2/buy a dongle for PS3 ._. Well, on top of being able to record the game without the use of a capture card, of course.

Sponsored links

hmm, yeah. I'll have to get AT2 and check it out

unless bositman has it and is already?
* Squall Leonhart notices bositman reading the thread
IIRC I never had frame drops at the memcard reading/saving stuff. Slow reading/saving yes, but not frame drops...and yea that slowness is a PCSX2 thing. But never minded much, just turned off frame limiter, got ~180 FPS, that sped it up Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-13-2012, 12:56 PM)Bositman Wrote: IIRC I never had frame drops at the memcard reading/saving stuff. Slow reading/saving yes, but not frame drops...and yea that slowness is a PCSX2 thing. But never minded much, just turned off frame limiter, got ~180 FPS, that sped it up Tongue

rofl, i can't play the game at 500-900 frames per second! So, it really is just down to 'wait til it gets fixed', then? D:
Why is the game constantly loading and saving from a memcard? 0_o
(08-13-2012, 01:03 PM)Bositman Wrote: Why is the game constantly loading and saving from a memcard? 0_o

No no, it has a bit of slowdown from the memory cards, and only in those few games. Nobody fully reads the threads! Dx The more 'annoying' slowdown comes in when the portraits come in from the side. If you can tell me of a way to embed the video, i'll do so so you can see it without having to visit youtube, but i made a video and posted it a few posts back showing what i mean. D:
Sorry but I don't refresh the page all day to see your 4 edits Tongue
This is different from what I thought you meant. I'll check when I get home with Atelier Iris 2, see if I get that slowdown, but IIRC I don't. And seriously, that makes the game unplayable for you? You have issues Tongue
(08-13-2012, 01:08 PM)Bositman Wrote: Sorry but I don't refresh the page all day to see your 4 edits Tongue
This is different from what I thought you meant. I'll check when I get home with Atelier Iris 2, see if I get that slowdown, but IIRC I don't. And seriously, that makes the game unplayable for you? You have issues Tongue

Well, i'm used to making several edits as i go by, you know? Better than four posts in 5 minutes all by the same person. D: I have AI1, but it didn't give me any slowdown like AT2 aside the memory card thing. And yeah, i know. I'm the kinda schmuck who'll pay an extra 300$ for a backwards compatible system that poorly upscales (PS3) when i have a PS2 already just so it looks prettier. ._. If i could get rid of the mentality, i promise you i would, because it's more of a burden than it is anything else.

(edit) Sides'! PCSX2 is the best damn PS2 emulator for the PC, and killing off bugs or whatever this may be is only helping the cause, right? Dx<

(edit 2) gonna snooze though. If it can't be figured out, I'll just keep waiting for some revision to fix it out of the blue. Dx Thanks for your time, everyone.
(08-13-2012, 08:54 AM)Leires Wrote: Tried the EE1, i said that in the post, naoan. This is going to come off rude, but it doesn't seem like you read my stuff, and decided to merely go with parroted fixes..I said in the original post that i followed what was in the thread i linked. I know it's going to be viewed mostly as 'lol you're just a nobody' or 'lol we're doing this for free', or whatever, and that's fine. feel free to say those things, and i suppose you're used to just mimicking things that worked for other people, but when the poster explicitly shows that they didn't work, it doesn't make sense to just post for the sake of posting. Anyway, as for hardware hacks, i have half sprite and half wildarmsoffset enabled, as they fix the ar tonelico problems with the line through the portrait sprites and what not.

But well, you're nobody to me and we're doing this for free on our free time, no one's here all day and be ready to answer your question decisively and rightly down to the problem, most going by process of elimination to find the solution, it could even be your harddisk.

And I'm sorry that I don't read your wall of text along with other thread all the way through, did it hurt your fragile heart?
(08-13-2012, 02:03 PM)naoan Wrote: But well, you're nobody to me and we're doing this for free on our free time, no one's here all day and be ready to answer your question decisively and rightly down to the problem, most going by process of elimination to find the solution, it could even be your harddisk.

And I'm sorry that I don't read your wall of text along with other thread all the way through, did it hurt your fragile heart?

It's fine, i expected you to act this way and you have so it's not surprising. But, it does ask the question, why are you trying to help if you didn't read? It seems counteractive to come into a thread that's looking for help and not read at all. Then again, you don't seem the most agile minded of posters, so it's okay. But i'll leave it at that, since i'm looking for help, not a fight. If this thread bothers you, there's many, many others you can look through. D: Thanks all the same for your time.