Frame drops in a few games
Can you guys stop this now please? naoan was trying to help, but after shuffling through so many threads with the same questions our answers can sometimes get generic. It's pretty tedious going over each thread and reading walls of text, only to see it's the same old problems.
You're right that he should have read your post first and not suggest stuff you already tried, but that was no reason to react as you did, to someone who was indeed trying to help (even if he wasn't so successful at the first attempt...)
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

@OP
Just to be clear though I did skim your badly constructed first post and understand the general problem but yeah I'm outta here, good luck.
(08-13-2012, 07:33 PM)Bositman Wrote: Can you guys stop this now please? naoan was trying to help, but after shuffling through so many threads with the same questions our answers can sometimes get generic. It's pretty tedious going over each thread and reading walls of text, only to see it's the same old problems.
You're right that he should have read your post first and not suggest stuff you already tried, but that was no reason to react as you did, to someone who was indeed trying to help (even if he wasn't so successful at the first attempt...)
It's just inefficiency, is all, you know? Dx More energy wasted because someone was trying to save energy. Though, i guess what this is becoming is not only off topic, but also wasting energy so I'm in the same boat, and i apologize.

(08-13-2012, 07:42 PM)naoan Wrote: @OP
Just to be clear though I did skim your badly constructed first post and understand the general problem but yeah I'm outta here, good luck.

Good luck to you too, sir. Glad to see you could get one last insult before you skittered off clasping your hands together like you've won a victory on the internet, or that it even matters ;P

Back to the matter at hand, though. I tried disabling all speedhacks in the speedhacks option besides the MTVU, and i changed the VU cycle to one and it stopped the whole memory card slowdown..but now i get roughly 40ish frames. No random slowdown when the portrait moves in, though, so i think i'm on to something. Would be really glad if i can figure this out for anyone else who may have this issue down the line.

(edit) Aaand with them disabled, the FMV where she sings starts skipping horribly again. hmmm..
Gah so all this time it was speed hacks causing this? Now THAT was a waste of time -_-
(08-13-2012, 08:39 PM)Bositman Wrote: Gah so all this time it was speed hacks causing this? Now THAT was a waste of time -_-

No sir. Still have issues. It fixed one issue, but it made more. Dx

(edit) seems that swapping software and hardware (Doesn't matter if it's D9 or D11) does the same thing in terms of removing the speedhacks..So i assume it's a plugin problem. Which means this was a waste of time cause I'll have to wait anyway for it to be fixed one day. =/ Is there any diagnostic crap i can post (assuming it's not too difficult to explain how to pull) that might help the devs with this? ._.
From your last post I deduce that you disable speed hacks --> your FPS drop because your PC isn't powerful enough (or the game is not emulated well thus needing loads of cpu power)->Skipping audio/lagging since you're not on 60 FPS which is pretty much normal.
(08-13-2012, 08:54 PM)Bositman Wrote: From your last post I deduce that you disable speed hacks --> your FPS drop because your PC isn't powerful enough (or the game is not emulated well thus needing loads of cpu power)->Skipping audio/lagging since you're not on 60 FPS which is pretty much normal.

I'd agree with the emulated one, if only because other games work fine (as listed before) =/ I do believe it's a plugin thing, though, as swapping hardware with software gives the same results as the speedhack disabling, but keeps the frames at 58~60 (hardware gives the weird slowdown on memcard and sprite portraits coming in, while software gives the weird slowdown on the FMV where she sings..strangely enough, not on the intro FMV. o.O)