Frame limiting cause major slow down
Oh shoot sorry I forgot to change the settings back, I also had VU cycle sealing on 2.

Sorry I was trying to turn it off and check my CPU usage

Sponsored links

When did you have vu cycle stealing enabled?
Also please dont use it while we are trying to solve this issue.
Always had it on.
Ok so I just quote myself:
Quote:Vu cycle stealing is something like a fancy frameskip algorithm - partially depends on the game - if you increase it to mich the gs will not produce enough new frames.

The speed indicator at the top tells us how many vsyncs per second the GS requests. Ideally it fits to the ntsc/pal framerate of 60/50 Hz = 100%.
VU is one of the feeders of the GS. If the VU doesn't requests new frames the GS will always yield the same frames. So that the same frame is displayed several times. Each time it is vsynced so that the speed appears normal while the real/internal framerate seems to be much lower.

Please try to disable VU cycle stealing and check if the problem persists.
Ok I had a play around with every single setting and got it to work!

http://imgur.com/a/5db88

These are my settings, I played through the first planet but at one point I had to switch to hardware mode because the scene was too intense, I think this is fine but I wish I could have a software mode upscale ;-; 512x512 is too stretched for me.
Did you set extra rendering threads to at least 3 in gsdx plugin settings?
Your cpu is one of the better mobile cpu's and can compete with a lot of desktop cpu's. I don't know exactly how demanding this game is but I guess you could get full speed with around 3 extra rendering threads.
hmm, the latest dev build should use your 860M which should be quick, can you please extract the latest dev build again, but delete everything apart from the memcards and bios folders first, then try it.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Ratchet & Clank still hates Hardware mode, or?
(11-11-2015, 09:01 PM)willkuer Wrote: Ratchet & Clank still hates Hardware mode, or?

Yeah, still no MipMapping, but aside from that it works alright afaik. Not the fastest of games
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

It's one of the most demanding by far. The 2nd game I get slowdown on my 3770k @ 4.2ghz with 4 extra threads and EE hack at 2. Yeah.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD