Frame rating dying when attempting netplay
I've only try this with one game, dokapon kingdom, so I'm not sure if it's simply the game or if it's an issue with the emulator itself.

I am using the base set of plugins that came with the pcsx2 download, although I did try downloading a version of megadev9 which didn't fix the issue either. Just booting the game normally works fine. The game runs at 59-60 fps the entire way through the game. However, I tried the boot netplay option, and within a few seconds it drops from 60 fps to under 1 fps. The reason I picked up this emulator was so that a friend and I could hopefully play online since our wii versions don't allow that.

My laptop is an Asus G73JW with a intel i7 q740 with a base speed of 1.73 GHZ, but it is overclocked. I've got 12 gb of ram, my video card is an nvidia geforce gtx 460m, and I'm running the 64 bit version of windows 7 home premium.

I tried looking around the forums and I wasn't able to find anying that quite addressed this, so I'm sorry if this is a repost. Has anyone else run into this issue or know of a way to fix it?

Sponsored links

Ah, another thing I noticed, is that when I play the game normally, it's only using about 7-9% of the cpu judging by the resource monitor.Once I try online mode, the frame rate drops continually and only uses 2-5% of the cpu. I'm not sure if it simpl not displaying properly or if there is just some conflict that is killing it for some reason.
(11-28-2011, 04:28 AM)floydtherooster Wrote: Ah, another thing I noticed, is that when I play the game normally, it's only using about 7-9% of the cpu judging by the resource monitor.Once I try online mode, the frame rate drops continually and only uses 2-5% of the cpu. I'm not sure if it simpl not displaying properly or if there is just some conflict that is killing it for some reason.

im not entirely sure about online capability with a program designed to emulate a ps2 system in ur case id try running the online setup disc for ps2 network play b4 trying to go online il look for my official network play disc but i make no promises

sorry i only found my welcome to playstation 3 disc
(11-28-2011, 10:50 AM)judess69erV2 Wrote: im not entirely sure about online capability with a program designed to emulate a ps2 system in ur case id try running the online setup disc for ps2 network play b4 trying to go online il look for my official network play disc but i make no promises

sorry i only found my welcome to playstation 3 disc

No problem, thanks anyway. I'm still messing with it trying to figure it out