Frame skipping help
Question 
I don't understand how to set up GS settings. I got "frames to draw" and "frames to skip" but i'm not sure what values to input in order to achieve what i need. which is:
The game runs at 60FPS most of the times, however there are certain situations (a spell with blurry effect is casted, or a graphics intensive area) where the FPS drop to 20 or so. What i want is to skip frames in those specific moments and raise the FPS to something close to 60.

(i've already the recomended speedhacks on, i really want to use frame skip) Glare

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

To start with, what are your PC specs? In particular, your exact CPU and GPU. Perhaps you don't need frame skipping...

Also, what game is this? It'd be a great help if I happened to be familiar...
(03-01-2011, 06:03 AM)Rezard Wrote: To start with, what are your PC specs? In particular, your exact CPU and GPU. Perhaps you don't need frame skipping...

Also, what game is this? It'd be a great help if I happened to be familiar...
game is FFX NTSC.

I'm afraid i need frame skipping my PC is low end right now.
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ OCed at 2.3Ghz.
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 6600.
RAM: 3GB DDR2 667Mhz.
Win XP.

I'm happy on how it runs despite my old PC. I'm just curious if frame skipping will help me move faster in those specific moments.
I don't care if it looks bad i just wanna get over it Tongue

Thanks!

The configuration guide has frame skip analyzed in great detail.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...-v0-9-7#GS
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I've read it but still didn't find a way to make what i need, i guess it's just not possible, i don't want to "always skip" nor "skip when turbo is on"...
I wan't it to aumatically skip when the FPS drop down too much.

(03-01-2011, 05:40 AM)nconde25 Wrote: I don't understand how to set up GS settings. I got "frames to draw" and "frames to skip" but i'm not sure what values to input in order to achieve what i need. which is:
The game runs at 60FPS most of the times, however there are certain situations (a spell with blurry effect is casted, or a graphics intensive area) where the FPS drop to 20 or so. What i want is to skip frames in those specific moments and raise the FPS to something close to 60.

(i've already the recomended speedhacks on, i really want to use frame skip) Glare

Thanks in advance.
Not possible currently, constant skipping is much better and as far as I know devs don't want that option but maybe later Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-01-2011, 08:27 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Not possible currently, constant skipping is much better and as far as I know devs don't want that option but maybe later Tongue2
Ok, i'll stick to what we have then.
Thanks.