Framelimiter for GSDX for use in PSX emulators.
(04-01-2014, 05:31 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: I don't have this issue. Maybe your PC isn't fast enough.

Well maybe you dont see it but for me its noticable and PSX sound plugins framelimiters werent updated in ages.

Sponsored links

What are your PC specs? Also, I told you many times already. Did you try PEOPS DSound 1.10b? It's latest updated in 2011.

And as I said, you can also enable VSync.
(03-30-2014, 11:41 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: But it's better to limit by GPU, right? It's more convenient and it allows fast-forwarding as well.

If you set a 60fps limit in the gpu plugin, you will end up with many games going too fast as alot of games don't use more than 30fps when menu's are not on screen.

This is the case for '3D' titles on the psx

(03-31-2014, 12:40 AM)Monochrome100 Wrote: Exactly framelimiters in sound plugins for PSX are unreliable and have unstable frame rates so it would very useful if GSDX had framelimiter for PSX emulators. Mednafen is good but has no hardware acceleration and cant increase internal resolution.

Citation?

You're just emitting hot air here.

Most psx games do not run at a constant frame rate, and only the SPU timing remains exact enough to restrict the fps without resulting in periods of double speed.

I know for sure that when Petes plugins are capped to 60, the overworld will be to fast in FF games as it was not intended to run at 60fps, but 30fps.

(03-31-2014, 03:48 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Since the frame limiter is in the video plugin in PS1 emulation

Petes is the only one that provides gpu plugin limiting, and its not a great idea.
"Petes is the only one that provides gpu plugin limiting, and its not a great idea. "

I very much suspected it.

Edit: Anyway there will be always confusion between the refresh rate, FPS, Action pace and some other related concepts, mainly when related with emulating them as well. But the most dangerous is probably missing the necessity of synchronizing everything so the whole runs as intended.

In a movie film, the refresh rate, the FPS and the action pace are intimately related, inherently the same.

In most digital systems the RR (refresh rate) tells how many times a complete blank canvas will be presented to be drawn and shown.
The FPS represents how fast a new complete Picture is drawn over that canvas.

The action pace dictates how the pictures change in relation to the other. if the changes are smaller than should, the action is in slow motion even if the FPS is the expected one. Actually this can be a useful effect, a scene shown in slow motion in a movie don't say the FPS is reduced.

Finally, since most consoles are meant to use with TV, many games use interlace methods which allow presenting (visually) double the frame rate albeit drawing only half complete frames. It is accomplished sending only a field (half a frame) at each time. This is always a plus when bandwidth is at premium. And a greater problem for progressive devices as well, needing deinterlace techniques and introducing some undesirable collateral effects.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(04-02-2014, 05:52 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: If you set a 60fps limit in the gpu plugin, you will end up with many games going too fast as alot of games don't use more than 30fps when menu's are not on screen.

This is the case for '3D' titles on the psx
Which games have this issue?

(04-02-2014, 05:52 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: I know for sure that when Petes plugins are capped to 60, the overworld will be to fast in FF games as it was not intended to run at 60fps, but 30fps.
No. I played FF II (Origins) and FF IX and didn't have this issue.

(04-02-2014, 05:52 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Petes is the only one that provides gpu plugin limiting, and its not a great idea.
gpuBladeSoft also supports frame limiting. It is better than limiting by SPU as it allows fast-forwarding.
Interesting. So PSX emulators don't generate their own refresh rate of "full speed" then?
I noticed a weird reliance on this before but thought it was a misconfiguration.
Probably every 2nd 3d game would be affected and every FMV in every game Tongue2

Question then is: Why not force a full speed refresh rate?
No. FMV doesn't have a frame rate issue.
(04-02-2014, 08:00 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: Which games have this issue?

No. I played FF II (Origins) and FF IX and didn't have this issue.

gpuBladeSoft also supports frame limiting. It is better than limiting by SPU as it allows fast-forwarding.

Peops frame limiters doesnt work very well because peops GPU plugins are old and werent updated for ages.GPU Bladesoft works far better but its closed source and also wasnt updated for a long time.So there is no reason why GSDX cant potentially support frame limiting in PSX games just as good or better than Bladesoft.
I don't understand your logic. Why doesn't something work very well because it's old? When a plugin is updated, it doesn't mean that the FPS limit code is updated every time.

Both Pete's OpenGL2 and gpuBladeSoft FPS limit work very well for me. For NTSC, Pete's OpenGL2 limits the FPS at about 59.82 (auto-detect), while gpuBladeSoft limits the FPS at about 59.94. Practically, they are the same.

If the FPS limit doesn't work well for you, I suspect that it's because of your PC specs. What emulator are you using? I recommend you use ePSXe.