Framerate Drop?
For some weird reason the frame rate while playing games runs alright for a bit then drops really low and everything is just running in slow motion before picking back up again. Almost every 30 seconds it just slows to a crawl and I'm not too sure if I have the settings right to what my PC is using.

This is what I have, running with Windows 7 64-bit:

Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Processor (4CPU), ~3.4GHz
Display: AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series (1440x900 Monitor)
Ram: 8GB

I know it's not the most powerful thing but the fps drops at the strangest times. It can run smooth during something really crazy and slow to a crawl during dialogue for example. I've mostly been trying to play Persona 4 to test something that should be simple.

[Image: wvboTqi.png]

Here's the plugins I'm using if that should help, I wasn't sure which ones were needed and these are what I found from searching around. Anyone know if there's a way to stabilize everything?

Sponsored links

are you playing from a disK?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Yeah, I'm using the PS2 DisK of the game.
make an iso from it using imgburn

http://www.imgburn.com/
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Playing from the disk itself may mean that your player stops spinning and so the reason the game lags so badly every half a minute is because it's waiting for the disk to spin back up to speed again. Try making an ISO of your disk and see if this slowdown remains.
Alright, I'm trying that out right now to see if anything changes. Thanks!
Ok it seems to be running way smoother than before and the fps has not dropped once, now I just have to convert some other games to iso. Thanks again for the help!
you could use SSE 4.1 in GS drop down list at plugin selector menu for better performance at Hardware mode.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(05-14-2015, 06:40 AM)ssakash Wrote: you could use SSE 4.1 in GS drop down list at plugin selector menu for better performance at Hardware mode.

No, that CPU works only up to SSE2. I've tried this few months ago. It doesn't support SSE4 nor SSSE3 (just SSE3 and SSE4a which isn't enough for pcsx2).
I thought it might have supported those Instruction sets, my fault. Though, if there are any other slowdowns feel free to report them. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction