Framerate dips, how to get even 60fps?
In some games like MK: Deadly Alliance, they run perfectly with no slowdown. But in Xenosaga, I get dips of 10-20fps here and there when there's a lot on the screen and I was wondering if there was any way to fix that. I have a 3.5 ghz six-core processor with 16 gb of ram and a 4gb AMD graphics card. The game runs at 60 fps I'd say about 85-90% of the time now, it seems faster since I turned off all the speedhacks. During the times there is slowdown, EE is usually near 100% and GS around 70% or so. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(02-25-2016, 07:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

I just gave my specs, sorry if you didn't see.

3.5Ghz AMD FX-6300 6-core CPU
16GB of RAM
4GB AMD R7 370 graphics card
Current Windows 64bit version
Xenosaga Ep. I from iso
There's some slowdown in NFL Bltiz 2003 (also iso) as well, but oddly enough it only happens on field during the first half of a play. Everywhere else is fine.
I use some hardware hacks to fix certain scaling issues (I'm playing at x3) but none of the standard speedhacks from the speedhacks panel. The game runs faster without them, I think.
This
Quote:I have a 3.5 ghz six-core processor with 16 gb of ram and a 4gb AMD graphics card
is different from that
Quote:3.5Ghz AMD FX-6300 6-core CPU
4GB AMD R7 370 graphics card
That's Why I asked you.

A good idea would be to overclocke that CPu over 4.0 ghz if you can.
This CPU's base STR is around 1400, which is a bit weak for demanding games like Xenosaga (you need a CPU with an STR around 1800-2000)
Overclocking it may help in this case
Setting ee cycle rate to 1 may help a bit, but AFAIK, this game reacts quite badly to speedhacks. don't push them too high.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go