Framerate discrepancies between versions
Still they are impressively strong for such low clock rates and power consumption. pcsx2 is just extraordinarily demanding....

I am not completely sure that you have a real bottleneck here if you get full speed at some points and then it drops to half speed. Sounds more like overheating. Can you maybe describe again the situation with more words?

What are your FPS, EE% and GS% values during slowdowns?

Sponsored links

Right, it might be underclocking due to overheating. It also might be that the game just gets more demanding. Which games are you trying to play?
(04-14-2015, 11:19 PM)willkuer Wrote: Still they are impressively strong for such low clock rates and power consumption. pcsx2 is just extraordinarily demanding....

I am not completely sure that you have a real bottleneck here if you get full speed at some points and then it drops to half speed. Sounds more like overheating. Can you maybe describe again the situation with more words?

What are your FPS, EE% and GS% values during slowdowns?

Right now I'm at college, and without my charger my laptop goes into power saving mode and loses performance, so I can't do tests right now. I'll do it when I get home and then post the results.

But its weird, because my coolers don't go full speed when I'm playing with PCSX2, but when I'm playing something like say, Skyrim, my coolers do go haywire.

(04-14-2015, 11:46 PM)Rassane Wrote: Right, it might be underclocking due to overheating. It also might be that the game just gets more demanding. Which games are you trying to play?

I tried Odin Sphere and Silent Hill 3.

On Silent Hill 3, this behavior starts at the first cutscene: it starts at 60fps then after 8~10 seconds it drops to 30fps. I created a savestate when I can control Heather, and the behavior repeats: after loading the savestate, I can control Heather for 8~10 seconds on 60fps then it drops to 30fps.

On Odin Sphere, this behavior starts at the second cutscene, the first cutscene that has dialog. Using savestates I get exactly the same behavior as SH3 (but faster): it functions smooth for 2~5 seconds, then drops to 30fps, both on the cutscene and when I can control Gwendolyn.
download cpu-z and check how clock rates are during the first 10 seconds and afterwards...
(04-15-2015, 12:25 AM)willkuer Wrote: download cpu-z and check how clock rates are during the first 10 seconds and afterwards...

Will do when I get the chance.
All of the sudden, it started to stay on 60FPS.
All I did was check "Allow 8-bit textures" and turn off "Texture filtering".
I really don't know how this can has this much impact.

Thanks for everyone that helped me.
Allow 8-bit textures can help some games quite a bit, though it's rare. I think Odin Sphere is one of those cases though. Anyways, have fun.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
It did not impact only Odin Sphere.
It impacted Silent Hill 3, and also Fatal Frame 3.
I even managed to set the resolution at "2x native res".
I already imagined that it didn't impact that much, but I can't think of anything else that I did that helped.
I'm glad I can ditch my PS2 now and keep all my games in my laptop.
well, keep that ps2 in your possession so you can legally use PCSX2 and so we can provide you support in the future if it's ever needed.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]