Fraps and pcsx2 recorder
It shouldn't be your GPU. The internal recorder uses CPU to capture - the reason it slows down at higher resolutions is there are many more pictures to capture and process.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

If the you're not GPU limited when not recording, then no.

However, recording at a higher resolution both increases the CPU workload and the bandwidth required. If you're hitting CPU limits (check load using task manager/resource monitor), try decreasing the resolution you record at (which doesn't have to be the same resolution you play at).
If your HDD can't keep up, but you have CPU resources to spare, set the rate control to single pass - rate factor based and experiment with which values your CPU can keep up.

The recording won't be lossless anymore, which is not ideal if you plan on further editing the footage, but that's one way to do it.

Edit: Well, if space is not an issue and you're CPU limited with x264 and these settings, you could try using something like HuffYUV. It's pretty old by now and not very efficient, but is very very lightweight. I haven't used it in forever, but that might be something else to try.
(08-18-2014, 12:08 AM)Eloris Wrote: If the you're not GPU limited when not recording, then no.

However, recording at a higher resolution both increases the CPU workload and the bandwidth required. If you're hitting CPU limits (check load using task manager/resource monitor), try decreasing the resolution you record at (which doesn't have to be the same resolution you play at).
If your HDD can't keep up, but you have CPU resources to spare, set the rate control to single pass - rate factor based and experiment with which values your CPU can keep up.

The recording won't be lossless anymore, which is not ideal if you plan on further editing the footage, but that's one way to do it.

Edit: Well, if space is not an issue and you're CPU limited with x264 and these settings, you could try using something like HuffYUV. It's pretty old by now and not very efficient, but is very very lightweight. I haven't used it in forever, but that might be something else to try.

Thanks for the info. My cpu load is about 28% so I think I'm CPU limited. Going to try HuffYUV Hope it works. Thanks for the help so far.

Edit: Found lagarith which seemed to be newer but it maxed out my hdd so it got the same fps as x264 :[
System Specs
CPU:AMD FX 8350 3.5ghz turbo to 4ghz
GPU: Sapphire HD 7750 GDDR5
MOBO:Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 Rev 5.0
RAM: 8GB
In this case you're most likely hdd limited. Recording at a higher resolution means a higher bitrate.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Tried experimenting with the x264 setting and set rate control at bitrate based 8000kbps. I got a noticible increase in fps compared to lossless but wasn't full speed so looks like CPU single threaded performance is lacking
System Specs
When i try using the fraps video decompressor it only records the audio. no video file is created. Why is that occuring?
System Specs
Does anyone know a fix for this?
System Specs
You mean when you use FRAPS itself?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-19-2014, 09:31 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: You mean when you use FRAPS itself?

No when I use the traps decompressor in pcsx2
System Specs
I doubt that would ever work, as FRAPS uses it's own special codec, and I doubt the VFW layer supports it right.