Fraps lowering internal resolution
I have a pretty great PC, and I like to run games at at least 4x their native resolution. However, when I try to record with Fraps, it seems like my resolution is being lowered.

Without Fraps: [Image: nofraps.png]
With Fraps: [Image: yesfraps.jpg]

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Sponsored links

Off the top of my head, when you open FRAPS, do you have "Full-Size" or "Half-Size" ticked under the "movies" tab? That could possibly be the problem right there.
if your recording key is "F9", it's normal since it switches pcsx2 to software mode.
remap your recording key to something else.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Pcsx2 has inbuilt video recording tool ..why u use fraps when they cause problem.
(06-24-2013, 05:29 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: Pcsx2 has inbuilt video recording tool ..why u use fraps when they cause problem.

Well, if he's doing commentary as well as recording, FRAPS is a pretty handy do-all for that. As far as I'm aware, you can not do that with the PCSX2 recorder.
(06-24-2013, 05:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: if your recording key is "F9", it's normal since it switches pcsx2 to software mode.
remap your recording key to something else.

That would be it! Thanks.

To the other guys: I use Fraps because a) the internal recorder crashes PCSX half the time and b) even when it works, it makes everything run like garbage.