FreQuency Configuration?
I've used the search tool but the word "frequency" in itself seems rather popular so the entire criteria goes out the window instantly. I haven't found any guide for this game, if there is one at all, so I'm asking if anyone has managed to make this game work.

Currently I'm getting about 20FPS, and the sound is crap-tastic. It glitches, cracks, pops, and spaces out repeatedly (Something you can't allow on a music game). I tried to play it anyway, and the control reactions are pitifully slow; It takes over two seconds for it to register a command. Once again, uancceptable for a music game.

I've tinkered a damn lot with the sound and graphics plug-ins. I'm using ZeroGS 0.97.1 for graphics, ZeroSPU2 r514-Dev 0.4.6 for sound, and P.E.Op.S. CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0 for CDVDRom. I'm going to test out SPU2-X 1.1.0 for the sound plug-in now, I was more inclined towards ZeroSPU2 since it's supposed to work with the framerate or whatever but it doesn't seem to be the case (Or I misunderstand what that means). The graphics and CDVDRom plug-ins are the only once I can use. The rest fail on start-up.

I'm running on a worthless laptop with these specs;

- 1.83GHz Core Duo Intel
- Intel something-or-other graphics card, it's not great but it does support all it needs to support.
- 3GB's RAM

Thanks in advance.

Edit - On quick observation, I notice the game runs at 40FPS until it reaches the notes in the game. I'm guessing so many small models completely wrecks the emulator.

Sponsored links

Make sure your laptop is on high performance and not power saver or balanced.

I believe gsdx is a better graphics plugin so i recommend using that, use the SSSE3 version of it.

Also are you sure your game is compatible with pcsx2? check the compatibility page(section link on the pcsx2 home page)
Laptop Rig:

Core 2 Duo @ 1.8Ghz
3 gb DDR2-800 RAM
256mb ATI HD 3430
Windows Vista Buisness 32-Bit

Desktop Rig:

P4 HT @ 3.0Ghz
3 gb DDR2-533 RAM
256mb ATI X1300
Windows XP Pro 32-Bit
(04-20-2009, 02:04 AM)Mortred Wrote: Make sure your laptop is on high performance and not power saver or balanced.

I believe gsdx is a better graphics plugin so i recommend using that, use the SSSE3 version of it.

Also are you sure your game is compatible with pcsx2? check the compatibility page(section link on the pcsx2 home page)

I had originally checked for Amplitude, which wasn't, but in the end FreQuency was. Both the European and American version of the game are fully compatible according to the list.

As I had said before, GSDX dies instantly on start up, but I'll tinker with it and see if it's just one option sinking the ship or if the whole thing is a rat's nest entirely.

And yeah my laptop was on powersaver it turns out, but High Performance didn't make a difference.

Thanks for responding mate.
you trying to load disc or iso? Smile
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
(04-20-2009, 07:01 AM)LuisR14 Wrote: you trying to load disc or iso? Smile

ISO, I lost my copy years ago when I was moving.
(04-20-2009, 12:37 PM)Exploits Wrote:

You really shouldn't have said that ;(
(04-20-2009, 12:57 PM)Cain Wrote:
(04-20-2009, 12:37 PM)Exploits Wrote:

You really shouldn't have said that ;(
yea you shouldn't have Mellow (reporting Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
When he bought the game, he aquired a license for it.. He still has that license regardless of losing it.. Rolleyes
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Hey I was wondering if I could run PCSX2 faster with my computer. It's the same as exploits but it has 2.46GB RAM instead of 3...Am I still alright? I'm running dvds...if it can help...

Thanks Smile
(04-21-2009, 12:46 AM)Sythedragon Wrote: When he bought the game, he aquired a license for it.. He still has that license regardless of losing it.. Rolleyes

No he doesn't, it equals to giving it away as a present or whatever. No disc - no license.