Freezing issue with Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero
I have just recently started using the PCSX2 emu and the first game I set up on it (FFX) works great! With TXR0 I boot it and it plays the intro video and right after it finishes, the game freezes up and is not playable. The EE plummets to 0% and the GS skyrockets to 98-100%

I was wondering if anyone had any helpful tips to get the game running? I know it has worked for other people in the past and I'd love to be able to play one of my fav PS2 games again. =)

My Hardware is currently a:
F100 AMD Hexacore CPU
8GBs RAM
and a GeForce 9600GT graphics card
Running Windows 7.

Sponsored links

This is written by user Antoweif
Guide] Tokyo Xtreme Racer Zero [NTSC & PAL]
For those of you who are tired of driving around with crappy looking ZeroGS, there is a temporary solution.

Emulation Settings:
The game will work under any settings. You can try any combination without crashing the game!

GSdx:
Direct3D10 (hardware) recommended
Interlacing: Bob tff
Native resolution: Car texture broken
Custom resolution: 100%

***You can load the game with ZeroGS, and then change over to GSdx when you reach the menu screen.
Nothing is broken, except for menu text. UI while driving is working 100%!***

The game crashes when (GSdx):
intro is done (menu)
returning to the garage (menu)

The game does not crash when (GSdx):
loading map (driving stages)
changing to any! settings Smile
browsing the menu

Antoweif note: The braking discs looks so sick when they get hot
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*
I'm fairly new to this kind of thing, so I need to find out where to get ZeroGS and how to change it out when starting the game. =(

Thank you for the help!
You will find ZeroGs in the config settings under pluggins and GS. I dont have the game but it looks like you have to start the game under ZeroGs pluggin the hotswap while the game is running after the freeze to gsdx. Goodluck with it anyways Smile
Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
My copy of PCSX2 didn't come with the ZeroGS files... I downloaded a couple, but they don't work. They tell me that there is insufficient memory or path to run the GS.
Try the latest svn, im sure their on there http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/
Msi GF-62VR
IT WORKS!
Congrats!, Hope you enjoy it!
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
^^
Really, lol, you gutter poster!!
Msi GF-62VR
Just trying to catch up to the oldies

also love a person that actually attempts to solve their problem rather than "my gmaez are slow!"

positive reinforcement man!
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****