Front Mission 4: help on config? [specs attached]
hi, kind of...just registered Happy...anyway back to topic. wanted to play front mission 4 on the emu but it seems i can't get over the 20 fps ingame. any help on configuring it?
PC
Asrock ALiveNF6P-VSTA
QuadCore AMD Phenom 9500, 2200 MHz (11 x 200, as seen from everest software)
Kingston 3GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4830 (512 MB dedicated)
OS Windows XP Professional SP3
not sure if you need more info, but if you do, just tell. if i can i'll edit the post. also any advice of what type of games i may play? in generical terms, so to say, so i have an example of what my comp can do Biggrin thanks in advance everyone.

Sponsored links

first whats your pcsx2 config ?
note(your cpu is weak becouse pcsx2 usses 2 cores) try overclocking it
(10-14-2009, 08:42 PM)coder_fx Wrote: first whats your pcsx2 config ?

WTF a quadcore is a single OMG,anyway im not sure of your problem but i think a quadcore has more that 1 core Huh
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(10-14-2009, 09:13 PM)diegochiha Wrote:

WTF a quadcore is a single OMG,anyway im not sure of your problem but i think a quadcore has more that 1 core Huh
i think he said that the emulator itself uses 2 cores, so, in simpler words, it's like i'm paying 4 employees but only 2 actually work, got it?
or at least this is what i understood. anyway i don't want to overclock it...it was hard already to get a new pc, i got this last xmas for gift, and before this i had a pc that i'd better keep the specs off this forum, otherwise people who read it can't think how i survived with that mass of junk pieces; so forget overclocking, can't afford to lose this Happy

[off-topic on] diegochiha a quadcore has 4 cores, but the cpu remains always one, and pcsx2 seems to use only 2, read above [off-topic off]

anyway, i'll post here pcsx2's config i use (as seen in pcsx2's config page)
GFX: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 - Windowed - Direct3D9 (Hardware) - Pixel Shader 3.0 - Interlacing Weave bff (but i usually change it from game to game) - Aspect Ratio 16:9 - NLOOP hack is on detect mode (greyed out and checked) - Texture filtering enabled - Alpha correction enabled (don't know what this is for)
SOUND: SPU2-X 1.1.0 - Interpolation Linear - Module XAudio 2 - Latency 180 ms - everything else disabled
CONTROLLERS: LilyPad 0.10.0
CDVDROM: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0 (don't know what this is used for)
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0 (emulates usb i suppose? but what need i have of it? Blink)
FIREWIRE: FWnull Driver 0.4.0 (as dev9, idk what this is used for)
there. now it's 0.20 am here and i'm sleeeepyClosedeyes thanks again in advance for future help and thanks already for answers Smile
(10-15-2009, 12:22 AM)zombor Wrote:
(10-14-2009, 09:13 PM)diegochiha Wrote:

i think he said that the emulator itself uses 2 cores, so, in simpler words, it's like i'm paying 4 employees but only 2 actually work, got it?
or at least this is what i understood. anyway i don't want to overclock it...it was hard already to get a new pc, i got this last xmas for gift, and before this i had a pc that i'd better keep the specs off this forum, otherwise people who read it can't think how i survived with that mass of junk pieces; so forget overclocking, can't afford to lose this Happy

[off-topic on] diegochiha a quadcore has 4 cores, but the cpu remains always one, and pcsx2 seems to use only 2, read above [off-topic off]

anyway, i'll post here pcsx2's config i use (as seen in pcsx2's config page)
GFX: GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14 - Windowed - Direct3D9 (Hardware) - Pixel Shader 3.0 - Interlacing Weave bff (but i usually change it from game to game) - Aspect Ratio 16:9 - NLOOP hack is on detect mode (greyed out and checked) - Texture filtering enabled - Alpha correction enabled (don't know what this is for)
SOUND: SPU2-X 1.1.0 - Interpolation Linear - Module XAudio 2 - Latency 180 ms - everything else disabled
CONTROLLERS: LilyPad 0.10.0
CDVDROM: Gigaherz's CDVD Plugin 0.7.0
DEV9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0 (don't know what this is used for)
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0 (emulates usb i suppose? but what need i have of it? Blink)
FIREWIRE: FWnull Driver 0.4.0 (as dev9, idk what this is used for)
there. now it's 0.20 am here and i'm sleeeepyClosedeyes thanks again in advance for future help and thanks already for answers Smile

u already know that,but keep in mind that all that cores could be used in software mode for some advantage,better than having 2 Happy
offtopic:WTF you think you know a lot eh,so get working on the ps3 emu man Laugh
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(10-15-2009, 04:20 AM)diegochiha Wrote: u already know that,but keep in mind that all that cores could be used in software mode for some advantage,better than having 2 Happy
offtopic:WTF you think you know a lot eh,so get working on the ps3 emu man Laugh
ahahah no you misunderstood me as i did with you Happy gimme a break, i was sleepy Rolleyes anyway i'm totally ignorant on how a emu works XD i mean, i can suppose, but probably it'll be a bunch of wrong or not totally correct ideas Tongue anyway back to topic...i still hadn't any advices, but thanks a lot for the answers...guess i'll try a bit of testing.