Front Mission 5, almost working?
Just like to add, it works perfectly on PCSX2 r4600 in GSDX10 with software rendering. The jaggies aren't *that* bad Wink

Sponsored links

Got FM5 to work no glitches/ugly textures 60 FPS (tho I guess I will have slowdowns in linked battles like I did in FM4 which ran also perfectly fine)

what I'm using
r4600
the gsdx rama posted here (bottom of the page depending on your forum settings) I'd suggest making a copy folder for FM5 so you dont have to switch back plugins everytime you play something else, as that GSDX revision is pretty old and may cause problems with other games
add gamefix_skipdraw=2 to the ini in your pcsx2 folder and to the one in your documents (too lazy to test which one is the one that made it work)

all speedhacks are enabled except for fast CDVD, EE Cyclerate is on 2, VU Cycle stealing on 0
resolution set to 1920x1080 (no point really I guess 2x/3x native will work just as good if not better)

only did the tutorial, no noticable glitches or bad textures up until now, there may be crashes in the future, let's hope not

now let's see if I can get the japanese codebreaker codes to work with the patched game
Hi,

I tried the method that you posted and it definitely works. Graphical errors are gone on the main menu screen but there are still some minor ones on the cinematic. The garbage is totally gone in-game too except when in combat. The shadows of the Wanzers when performing an attack is totally messed up but other than that its pretty clean. So far this is the cleanest I've ever seen. Just to confirm one thing you have to edit the GSDX.ini file in your MyDocuments/PCSX2/INI folder. I also played around with it by changing the numbers from 0-5 and I got various effects. 2 is obviously the right option and other numbers totally messed it up. I do have one question though, I wonder if this will work with current GSDX plugins since the one on this method is older. I cant confirm it myself since I'm a total noob and I don't know how to do it. I tried using a current version of GSDX and changing the ini file doesn't make any difference even when I removed it.
Yes newer GSdx versions have it too but implemented via GUI. You just have to add 'allowHacks=1' (without the quotes) in the GSdx.ini and then you can modify the special hacks from the GSdx configuration screen.
[Image: newsig.jpg]