Frustration...
Vista SP2 and the platform update is a REQUIREMENT for the proper operation of GSDX r4600.

without it the downlevel functionality of D3D11 is not available which GSDX uses for D3D10.

the D3D9 drivers for the device in question are also questionably buggy.

Sponsored links

Anyone have any recommended plugins I can try? Or is this the best available?
(02-13-2012, 10:35 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: Vista SP2 and the platform update is a REQUIREMENT for the proper operation of GSDX r4600.

without it the downlevel functionality of D3D11 is not available which GSDX uses for D3D10.

the D3D9 drivers for the device in question are also questionably buggy.

This is actually the answer you need bro.
but on a personal note, vista never really was what it was set out to
be...
(OS:Win7_64bit ULTIMATE) (M4a88TD-M asus mobo)
[Processor:AMD AthlonII x4 645 3.720ghz(OC)Quadcore]
VideoCard-[ATIradeon5750(OC) 850mhz 2GB
RAM-[DDR3-4GB Matched RAM w/ Heat Spreaders]HYperX BLU
cpu-cooler- H60 closed loop water cooling.
I would abandon trying to get this game (Test Drive - Eve of Destruction) to work for now (unless you know for a fact it can be emulated and played fully without severe faults) as if you check the pcsx2 compatability list it is only at a menus stage

"Test Drive - Eve of Destruction SLUS 20910 U PS2 Menus 0.9.6"

Therefore the game you are trying to play is unlikely to work properly, or atleast you are likely to experience severe emulation problems such as the one you are experiencing
(02-13-2012, 09:59 PM)DeathuponRise Wrote: I don't believe my hardware is a problem. I've played many very demanding games on this laptop. Even if it were a problem, it would just be the fault of the frame rate, not the rendering issue.

Your laptop's processor and GPU are on the weak side, really.
They may handle your native-PC needs otherwise, but they are not in any way "performance grade" pieces of hardware. You do realize the graphics unit is integrated, right? Emulating PS2 is no easy task, and generally will require a bit higher-end hardware, not mainstream.
Tis a shame. Oh well. I bought the game online for $10. I guess I'll be playing it on a console then. If you look this game up on Amazon it goes for $100+ new. It's outrageous.

Thank you all for the help. I appreciate it greatly. The game did begin to run a bit better after I installed SP2.

(02-14-2012, 07:43 AM)Rezard Wrote: Your laptop's processor and GPU are on the weak side, really.
They may handle your native-PC needs otherwise, but they are not in any way "performance grade" pieces of hardware. You do realize the graphics unit is integrated, right? Emulating PS2 is no easy task, and generally will require a bit higher-end hardware, not mainstream.

Well believe it or not I run an average of about 45-50 fps on most emulated PS2 games. This game brought it down to about 22 fps however. I blame this on the rendering issue.
I've been trying to get this game to work for some time, but I just gave up. I've tried several different systems, all with high end CPU/GPU, but it seems to be a rendering problem. This was my favorite game on the PS2, wish it was available on the PC. I really wanted to play this game using my Logitech Formula Force Wheel on my PC.
(02-13-2012, 12:32 PM)refraction Wrote: Also use the ee timing fix for this game. You may also need a vif Fifo gamefix for this one too, can't remember.

I hate to quote myself but here i go ;p You will need a newish version of the SVN also.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]