Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fry's B&M: Intel Core i3 530 & Gigabyte GA-H55M-S2H $103.88 ($88.88 after MIR)
Saw this on a local Fry's ad. I think it's a great deal for anyone looking to upgrade or build a new PC on the cheap. The processor alone costs $120 on Newegg. This combo should easily hit 4.0GHz on air. Just need to up the voltage a little bit.

Seems to work faster than the Core 2 Duo E8xxx clock for clock at least in the PCSX2:FFX-2 benchmark. The E8xxx still beats it in some applications, but for the price, it's hard to go wrong.

Sponsored links

i encourage anyone who is looking to put together a new computer to get this deal. the i3 530 is already cheap with this combo and the motherboard is basically free.

and i believe they had this exact or similar deal a few weeks ago. it's hard to say if they're trying to lure costumers in with this deal into the store because fry's has VERY limited stocks on these deals depending.
God I envy you people in the US...
Buying that combo here in Australia, at the absolute cheapest, is still gonna cost $140 + $100 = $240 T_T
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
As a note you will need to overclock that i3 still if you want full 60 fps in almost all games in bigger resolutions. So far I can't maintain 60 fps on 720p in tekken 5 without max speedhacks which makes the game feel slower for some odd reason. I overclocked my 5770 and saw no change so I assume its the cpu, gonna have to order a new motherboard.
[Image: necok0.jpg]
Specs:
i3-530 @ 4.3 ghz
GTX 470 OC 725/1450/1875
6 GB DDR3 RAM
(04-21-2010, 02:48 AM)jmuuss Wrote: As a note you will need to overclock that i3 still if you want full 60 fps in almost all games in bigger resolutions. So far I can't maintain 60 fps on 720p in tekken 5 without max speedhacks which makes the game feel slower for some odd reason.

True, but I have a feeling the same can be said about a Core i7 920 which retails for double or more. Tongue2