Full migration of PCSX files from C drive to my new storage SSD
I just installed a storage SSD, and I want to migrate ALL PCSX related anything to what is now my D drive. I was able to edit things in the registry to make it so I don't have to set up bios every time I open PCSX2. However, the app still automatically creates a PCSX2 folder in my C:\My Documents folder, and saves states there, even tho all the plugins, bios, etc are on my D drive. 

Here is my regedit setup:
[Image: 28814340353_4a4c5dfce5_b.jpg]
I tried changing "DocumentsFolderMode" and it goes back. What could I be doing wrong?

Sponsored links

Are you using a portable version of PCSX2 or the installer?
(09-04-2016, 01:50 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Are you using a portable version of PCSX2 or the installer?

I used the full installer. How might this affect it?
From Installer to Portable

1.Copy all of the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 to your new location
2.Copy all the files(the folders inside not the whole pcsx2 folder)from C:\Users\your account\PSCX2 to your new pcsx2 location
3.Open notepad and type RunWizard=0
4.Then File=>Save as=>on Save as Type bellow choose All Files and for name type portable.ini and save the file in the new pcsx2 location

If you did everything correctly,you can uninstall pcsx2 and it will work in portable mode from the new location
(09-04-2016, 06:39 AM)vsub Wrote: From Installer to Portable

1.Copy all of the files from C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 to your new location
2.Copy all the files(the folders inside not the whole pcsx2 folder)from C:\Users\your account\PSCX2 to your new pcsx2 location
3.Open notepad and type RunWizard=0
4.Then File=>Save as=>on Save as Type bellow choose All Files and for name type portable.ini and save the file in the new pcsx2 location

If you did everything correctly,you can uninstall pcsx2 and it will work in portable mode from the new location

thanks, it does keep making a PCSX2 folder in C:\User\Documents, but the only things in it are folders called "cheats" and "cheats_ws." Is there a way to deal with that?

Also, there was no PCSX2 folder in Program Files (x86); it was in my Documents that it made it.
It will keep creating it if the portable.ini(not portable.ini.txt)file is not where the pcsx2.exe is
(09-04-2016, 07:14 AM)vsub Wrote: It will keep creating it if the portable.ini(not portable.ini.txt)file is not where the pcsx2.exe is

thanks! it worked and worked beautifully!
other way to fix it it would by copy all info from C:\user\My documents ( one in reference to pcsx2) and ALL folders inside of pcsx2 folder in seperate folder

uninstall pcsx2 from the system using the uninstaller then down load one of the gits and copy all stuff from folder you put ever thing in earlier from in to the pcsx2 folder in the location of you extracted the git too.

I have never had the git or svn build do to there all portable ever put folders anywhere but in the location I put pcsx2 with is on my HDD E:/