FullMetal Alchemist Movement help
That recommendation to install inside the (My) Documents folder is now known to be itself source of problems as it is installing in the C:\Program Files.

Just create a folder, something Like C:\Games or C:\Emulators or even another partition/disk like E:\somename

The point is keeping far away from any folder with any kind of special security features. That should allow running without need to activate the Administrator flag

Make sure UAC is not "aggressively" set up, the first notch should be enough, maybe even the second (although for myself I disable the nonblessed thing completely).

PS: That recommendation to avoid the C:\Program Files is valid for any game, it's essential for those games that allows modding. The Documents folder must be avoided yet more since only the user is allowed to change things there, not even the Administrator can do it without changing the access setup first. Still there is no problem at all keeping the folders that host the inis and saves there.

Notice an application running there is NOT the user and so may have denied creating intemediary/tmp files it may need and generate messages that mislead believing being the ini the culprit. The inis and saves as any other normally placed by an application there are allowed because explicitly given ownership to the user and seen as coming from him/her.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links