Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fun older games!
So I recently picked up some bargain bin copies of Jade Empire and Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (both for PC)

Holy crap, if you ever get a chance to pick these games up cheap, DO IT! Prince of Persia is just flat out FUN and was obviously pretty cutting edge for its time. Jade Empire is a pretty damn good looking game even by today's standards if you enable some extra hardware features on your high end graphics card. I haven't gotten far enough in either game yet to get a big handle on the story lines, but both games have me hooked with the little morsels that have been tossed my way.

Just goes to show that a game doesn't have to have cutting edge graphics to be loads of fun.[/align]
http://www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.

Sponsored links

These games aren't that old Tongue2 If you liked Sands Of Time, try Warriors Within and Two Thrones, they are almost the same (Warrior Within soundtrack kicks ass Tongue2).

Few days ago I bought Fallout, Fallout 2 and Fallout:Brotherhood of Steel for about 2$. Great games :> Ah, I,ve also got TES III: Morrowind, another great RPG.
[Image: kaszak696.png]
Yeah, Morrowind always seemed like it would be a lot of fun. I played Oblivion pretty heavily, are they pretty similar games? The thing I really liked about Oblivion was all the side quests you could do and the size of the world you could run around and explore.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-18-2009, 01:29 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Yeah, Morrowind always seemed like it would be a lot of fun. I played Oblivion pretty heavily, are they pretty similar games? The thing I really liked about Oblivion was all the side quests you could do and the size of the world you could run around and explore.
Morrowind and Oblivion are pretty similar. World in Morrowind is smaller, but more interesting and slightly "weird" Tongue2 Developers in Bethesda were probably drunk when they designed monsters, plants and buildings Laugh Anyway, if you liked Oblivion, then try this awesome game Cool

Ah, forgot one thing: In Morrowind there is no fast traveling like the one in Oblivion or Fallout 3.
(05-18-2009, 01:41 PM)kaszak696 Wrote:
(05-18-2009, 01:29 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: Yeah, Morrowind always seemed like it would be a lot of fun. I played Oblivion pretty heavily, are they pretty similar games? The thing I really liked about Oblivion was all the side quests you could do and the size of the world you could run around and explore.
Morrowind and Oblivion are pretty similar. World in Morrowind is smaller, but more interesting and slightly "weird" Tongue2 Developers in Bethesda were probably drunk when they designed monsters, plants and buildings Laugh Anyway, if you liked Oblivion, then try this awesome game Cool

Ah, forgot one thing: In Morrowind there is no fast traveling like the one in Oblivion or Fallout 3.

Ew, really? Are there any texture replacement packs like in Oblivion to bring the graphics a bit more up to date?
Here Wink But don't expect too much, graphic still will be looking "oldchool" xD
thumbs up to all thegames mentioned so far. Smile

Jade Empire has an awesome story, im surprised you are barely picking it up. its like Kotor with a martial arts theme, so i loved every minute of it. heh
CPU : i7 4930k @ 4.0GHz
RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8x8GB 1603MHz 1.60v
GPU : Asus R9 290X 4GB
MOBO: Asus Rampage Extreme IV
OSYS: Windows 10 Pro
(05-18-2009, 04:13 PM)unauthorizedlogin Wrote: thumbs up to all thegames mentioned so far. Smile

Jade Empire has an awesome story, im surprised you are barely picking it up. its like Kotor with a martial arts theme, so i loved every minute of it. heh

Yeah, when I first made the post I had only played like an hour, spending time doing all the side quests. Needless to say, after a few more hours of playtime, wowzers. Good stuff!
Whoa, I've found Jade Empire for 20PLN (5$ xD) in internet store! Next game added to cart xD