Future pcsx2
(07-10-2010, 07:50 PM)abdulrehmansuleman Wrote: Point accepted. I just want to know whether the future pcsx2 will run on a system equivalent to the ps2 in future. I mean even you guys know that a 8800gt is such a heavy card and look at ps2 as compared to that. So is there any chance of requirements for good gameplay coming down a little bit?

Sigh. To quote Ge-Force from above:

"The big thing here is that CRYSIS is a GPU intensive program, it benefits from high end cards. PCSX2 is a CPU intensive program, it benefits from high end CPUs."

Translation: If you like emulators and emulation, then stop drooling over your 8800GTS and start demanding that AMD and Intel release new CPUs with real ghz gains, and not just a bunch of extra cores -- and then drool over that instead. Most of oyur 8800GTS is worthless to a typical emulator. GPUs simply are not built with emulation in mind.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team

Sponsored links

Well maybe till the new Pcsx2 comes out, prices of good graphic card and procesors fall down, so you rather buy new comp..or some parts and play on this one Laugh
Ok, air, now I understand. By the way this was by no means meant to degrade the efforts of pcsx2 team. You guys are surely the best in emulation. Actually I don't know a lot about emulation. I get 8 fps on pcsx2 0.9.4 on kof MI2 and 30 fps on 0.9.7 so I thought that may be I would get this type of improvement in future versions. Is that a possibility?
(07-10-2010, 07:59 PM)Air Wrote: start demanding that AMD and Intel release new CPUs with real ghz gains

lol like thatll ever happen, as far as im aware, we have pretty much reached safe/sensible silicon speed limits (without it needing a huge cooler at least), which is why theyre just adding extra cores now, which blows chunks i know, but hey ho Tongue

Oh and i am TOTALLY with you on the Crysis warning policy!!
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Well AMD is breaking off the traditional limit with their 965 and I bet Intel could pump out a 4GHz cherry picked special edition CPU since Core 2 Penryn era if they wish to do so (course with ridiculous price).

Their next gen cpu clock speed is still remaining to be seen but won't improved IPC helps pcsx2? And how would their AVX extension affect pcsx2? is it even usable for it?
(07-10-2010, 12:45 PM)Air Wrote:
(07-08-2010, 07:15 PM)abdulrehmansuleman Wrote: Do you think that future versions of pcsx2 will have lower requirements with better quality and compatibility? I mean the 8800GT recommended card is the recommended card for CRYSIS. And we all know that crysis graphic engine is far more heavier than ps2.

I think we should enact a new policy that anyone comparing PCSX2 to Crysis gets an automatic warning.

I think it should be instant ban. Smile
(07-10-2010, 07:59 PM)Air Wrote: Translation: If you like emulators and emulation, then stop drooling over your 8800GTS and start demanding that AMD and Intel release new CPUs with real ghz gains, and not just a bunch of extra cores -- and then drool over that instead. Most of oyur 8800GTS is worthless to a typical emulator. GPUs simply are not built with emulation in mind.

If only I could use that as my sig! Tongue
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
(07-11-2010, 02:46 PM)refraction Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 07:59 PM)Air Wrote: start demanding that AMD and Intel release new CPUs with real ghz gains

lol like thatll ever happen, as far as im aware, we have pretty much reached safe/sensible silicon speed limits (without it needing a huge cooler at least), which is why theyre just adding extra cores now, which blows chunks i know, but hey ho Tongue

Oh and i am TOTALLY with you on the Crysis warning policy!!

(07-12-2010, 11:30 AM)Game Wrote:
(07-10-2010, 12:45 PM)Air Wrote:
(07-08-2010, 07:15 PM)abdulrehmansuleman Wrote: Do you think that future versions of pcsx2 will have lower requirements with better quality and compatibility? I mean the 8800GT recommended card is the recommended card for CRYSIS. And we all know that crysis graphic engine is far more heavier than ps2.

I think we should enact a new policy that anyone comparing PCSX2 to Crysis gets an automatic warning.

I think it should be instant ban. Smile

Wow this is great. Now people would get warning for discussing their ideas. People should get banned for bad intentions, copyright violation and just spamming not when they seriously want to ask something. This would be like the first forum on which people get banned even when they mean good. What's next? You'll ban people for signing in?Laugh
(07-12-2010, 07:09 PM)abdulrehmansuleman Wrote: What's next? You'll ban people for signing in?Laugh

sounds nice to me Tongue (kidding ofc)

nah everyone is just joking above Wink
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
Joking or not, it amazes me how many threads of 'Is my HW good enough?' are opened. Surely something can be added to the rules against it (along with a link which summarizes the subject)? It really is spam all over with this question...