Future pcsx2
Do you think that future versions of pcsx2 will have lower requirements with better quality and compatibility? I mean the 8800GT recommended card is the recommended card for CRYSIS. And we all know that crysis graphic engine is far more heavier than ps2.

Sponsored links

(07-08-2010, 07:15 PM)abdulrehmansuleman Wrote: Do you think that future versions of pcsx2 will have lower requirements with better quality and compatibility? I mean the 8800GT recommended card is the recommended card for CRYSIS. And we all know that crysis graphic engine is far more heavier than ps2.

Well, the main goal of an emulator is to be able to play the games as close as possible, or even better than the actual system could.
I think the PCSX2 will have a lower system requirements, but nothing lower than what the PS2 originally had hardware-wise.
Even Project 64, a popular Nintendo-64 emulator, has a higher requirement for GPUs than what the N64 had.
Also, a 8800GT isn't particularly recommended to play Crysis, maybe on low settings at 60 fps (Which still does look good compared to other this-gen games).
And you CAN'T compare emulation to native games.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.
Yeah umm, emulating on an emulator is a totally different story than actual PC games cause emulating is much more resource intensive.
I'd love to run every game on PCSX2 with 100x Internal Res, Crysis-like graphics and textures, no glitches with full speed. That's not gonna happen Tongue

@ Crysis: My single GTX480 can't even run that at 60FPS everywhere on maximum possible settings (that shader quality option is a real performance killer) xD
Ivy Bridge 3770K @ 3.9GHz - MSI TwinFrozr GTX680 4GB...
...Nerpyderp.
In every real world situations there is an optimal situation... it could be simplified to a single maximal or minimal problem.
The situation is commonly presented as a curve looking like a bell (many like to see it as a coco hat), know as a Gauss curve. In it the best occurs when the result is somewhere in the top... less than that the response falls very drastically and the same when it is too much.

One could see the ratio between visual quality x performance as a problem of that kind. It's an inflexible law, only fool themselves those who believes increasing the graphical above what the eyes can actually perceive any difference and in the end pays a doubled edge cost: the indescribable satisfaction on numbers and very poor actual experience.

The Opposite occurs as well, downgrading too much the quality when performance allows.

The above is a synthesis of many situations we perceive not only in this forums as in many gaming related others.

Confucius says: Know yourself and afterward know your machine Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
The big thing here is that CRYSIS is a GPU intensive program, it benefits from high end cards
PCSX2 is a CPU intensive program, it benefits from high end CPUs

Edit: In terms of the OPs Question, PCSX2's goal is to achieve near-perfect emulation, not fast emulation
They will concentrate on getting games to run on the emulator
Speed is a secondary task.
(07-08-2010, 07:15 PM)abdulrehmansuleman Wrote: Do you think that future versions of pcsx2 will have lower requirements with better quality and compatibility? I mean the 8800GT recommended card is the recommended card for CRYSIS. And we all know that crysis graphic engine is far more heavier than ps2.

I think we should enact a new policy that anyone comparing PCSX2 to Crysis gets an automatic warning.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(07-10-2010, 12:45 PM)Air Wrote: I think we should enact a new policy that anyone comparing PCSX2 to Crysis gets an automatic warning.

+1 for that Wink
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
+2 (oh bonus!) Tongue
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
Point accepted. I just want to know whether the future pcsx2 will run on a system equivalent to the ps2 in future. I mean even you guys know that a 8800gt is such a heavy card and look at ps2 as compared to that. So is there any chance of requirements for good gameplay coming down a little bit?