G-SYNC causing black screen?
Question 
Hi,

I just wanted to report an issue I was having and to see if anyone could suggest a setting on either my GPU, PC or PCSX2 itself to solve it - although I've tinkered a alot with all kinds of settings, I haven't resolved it, though I know where the issue is coming from!

I have a GeForce GTX 1060 and an LG C2 which is outputting Windows 10 at 120Hz with G-SYNC enabled, and am using the latest PCSX2-qt nightly build, using Vulkan renderer

When full-screen mode is enabled (as this is Vulkan the only option is Borderless FullScreen Mode), the output is just black. I can hear the emulation playing behind and returning to windowed mode brings me back to the game. Monitor never shows "no signal" or anything, it's there - it's just black.

I've narrowed down the problem to be something to do with G-SYNC and my frame-rate, but I haven't quite pinpointed it yet, although Turning G-SYNC completely off seems to fix it!

I then have to enable V-SYNC on PCSX2 to get no screen tearing which isn't ideal.

Is this by design, or should I not be getting this behavior? There are plenty of other options besides turning off G-SYNC I could try in the NVIDIA control panel but I don't know where to start!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Many thanks!

Sponsored links