GFX Card
How well would PCSX2 run with a SAPPHIRE HD 3850 Graphics card? I appreciate the help. Thanks. Smile

Sponsored links

What's your processor speed?
ReactOS, check it out.
Here is list of specs

Code:
Base processor

Intel Pentium 4 HT 570j or 670 or 672 series, 2.8GHz, 800MHz Front side bus, 1M or 2MB L2 Cache,

Intel D865PERLLK

Support 1066MHz FSB and DDR 333/400
High-quality 6-channel audio brings a more vivid sound experience
Support SATA allows you to join several hard drives and increase data transfer by separating data (RAID 0) or by keeping 100% secure data duplication (RAID 1)
42GB RAM installable (2GB/stick, 3 sticks) (But due to 32-bit Windows XP OS limitation it only can show 3.24GB)

159GB of storage on 3 hard drives

SONY 22X DVD±RW & DVD-RAM, Dual-Layer

Write:
DVD+R: 22X
DVD+R DL: 10X
DVD+RW: 10X
DVD-R: 22X
DVD-R DL: 10X
DVD-RW: 8X
DVD-RAM: 12X
CD-R: 48X
CD-RW: 32X
Read:
DVD-ROM: 16X
CD-ROM: 48X

Video graphics

SAPPHIRE HD 3850 Graphics card
Maximum up to 512MB

420Watt PSU

3x 80mm Fans
2x Blue Cold Cathodes
Your processor is going to seriously hold you back.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Thanks for the reply, but how so?
It's a single core Pentium 4. Those simply don't have the horsepower for many popular 3D games. You should be able to do some decent 2D games, however.
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-27-2009, 01:20 AM)knarfx Wrote: Thanks for the reply, but how so?

It's recommended (to run smoothly) that you have at least dual core (Core 2 Duo) 3.0 GHz or better.
ReactOS, check it out.
Dang, I plan on playing games like Ratchet & Clank, Kingdom Hearts, ect
You might be able to do Kingdom Hearts ok, actually. That's one of the least demanding 3D games.
See the thing is I'm buying that computer from a friend for $250. I'm buying it specifically for gaming.