GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found
Ubuntu 22.04 , attempting to install the nightly appimageĀ  v1.7.5207

After installing vscode and setting the appimage to executable, when I run it I get a bunch of terminal output along the lines of:

/tmp/.mount_pcsx2-NvMV8c/AppRun.wrapped: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.29' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_pcsx2-NvMV8c/AppRun.wrapped)
/tmp/.mount_pcsx2-NvMV8c/AppRun.wrapped: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32' not found (required by /tmp/.mount_pcsx2-NvMV8c/AppRun.wrapped)

I was originally thinking this was related to visual c++ redistributable missing but so far not coming up with anything.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm new to all of this.

Sponsored links

The error messages you're encountering indicate that the appimage you're trying to run is missing two critical libraries: libstdc++.so.6 and libc.so.6. These libraries are part of the GNU C++ runtime library and the GNU libc library, respectively, and they are essential for running many applications, including PCSX2.

The reason you're encountering these errors is likely because your system doesn't have these libraries installed in the correct location. The appimage is trying to load these libraries from the /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu directory, but they're either not installed there or they're not the correct versions.

To resolve this issue, you have a few options:

Install the missing libraries: You can install the missing libraries using your system's package manager. For Ubuntu, you can use the following commands:
sudo apt update
sudo apt install libstdc++6 libc6
Copy the libraries from the correct location: If the libraries are installed in a different location on your system, you can copy them to the /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu directory. For example, if the libraries are installed in the /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu directory, you can use the following commands:
sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
sudo cp /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
Run the appimage from a different location: If you don't want to install or copy the libraries, you can try running the appimage from a different location. For example, you can create a new directory in your home directory and extract the appimage there. Then, you can run the appimage from the new directory using the following command:
./AppRun.wrapped
Once you've installed or copied the missing libraries, or you've run the appimage from a different location, you should be able to run PCSX2 without encountering any errors.