GOD HAND pcsx2 vs ps2 graphic comparison
Out of like 100 PS2 games tested God Hand is one of just 3 or 4 that I have to play at 2x instead of 3x, so it's very GPU intensive.

But I didn't even think to try skipdraw hack, it makes the game playable at 3x now (from 50fps to 90) so big thanks for the tip Bositman.

Sponsored links

Thank some guy in the youtube video I posted who tipped me off hehe Tongue
Nerdcore: It makes the plugin skip drawing some effects, so yeah you always lose something with skipdraw. But in some cases that the stuff you 'skip' are not emulated properly like this case (probably some blur or the shadows) the plugin just doesn't even try drawing the effect, saving processing power and in the end you lose nothing (since even if it gets drawn it's bugged)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(05-04-2012, 10:50 PM)Bositman Wrote: Thank some guy in the youtube video I posted who tipped me off hehe Tongue
Nerdcore: It makes the plugin skip drawing some effects, so yeah you always lose something with skipdraw. But in some cases that the stuff you 'skip' are not emulated properly like this case (probably some blur or the shadows) the plugin just doesn't even try drawing the effect, saving processing power and in the end you lose nothing (since even if it gets drawn it's bugged)

I tried skipdraw 10, is still slow on 2x native do my AMD Radeon HD 6750M sucks?
Uh, n00b question here. Where do I find Skipdraw? I figured I'd ask here instead of make a new thread.
After a quick google, I assert that I know what I'm talking about. @_@ Totally, I do.

Skipdraw is a hack located within the graphics plugin. It's usually used to fix shadow problems in certain games. So by setting it to 10, ten stages of the rendering are being skipped. When an image is rendered, it is done in stages, starting with polygons, then shaders, then moving into post-processing stuff.

Just make sure you remember to turn it off if you're gonna play another game.
Thank you.
One important point I have to make is that any hacks you apply won't be enabled unless you tick the enable hacks box in the Gsdx main window. That might explain why some people are reporting no effects.
(05-05-2012, 04:30 AM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: One important point I have to make is that any hacks you apply won't be enabled unless you tick the enable hacks box in the Gsdx main window. That might explain why some people are reporting no effects.

thx for the tip
(05-04-2012, 10:26 PM)synce Wrote: Out of like 100 PS2 games tested God Hand is one of just 3 or 4 that I have to play at 2x instead of 3x, so it's very GPU intensive.

But I didn't even think to try skipdraw hack, it makes the game playable at 3x now (from 50fps to 90) so big thanks for the tip Bositman.

The same here! Maybe I should try the skipdraw hack tonight? ^_^
PC Specs:
MB: Asus P8Z77 M-Pro
CPU: I7 3770K @4.4Ghz
VGA: Intel HD 4000
Ram: 2x4Gb Corsair 1600 C9
Screen: Asus ML248H