GOW II Slight Problems
Hey, fairly new to this forum and so far the emulator works really well, I've barely run into any problems.

However I just started playing God of War II, I can play the game fine at full speed, however there are two slight issues:

1. When I am in certain areas or doing certain things (For example freezing time) lines appear on the screen, I'll try and get a screen shot to make it more clear.

2. During in game cut scenes (Not the pre-rendered ones) the outlines of characters and the environment appear really jagged. This is not the case however in game, all the outlines are smooth.

My Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Intel Pentium G620 (Dual Core) 2.60GHz
4GB RAM
Radeon HD 6670 2GB Graphics card

I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 (r5350)
EE Cyclerate: 3
VU Cycle Stealing: 2
Directx 3D11
Resolution: 1024x768

Any help is appreciated.

Sponsored links

use native resolution and use alpha correction fba allow 8 bit texture ticked
tried without speedhacks ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
and use dx9 .
(05-26-2013, 05:33 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: use native resolution and use alpha correction fba allow 8 bit texture ticked

How do I use alpha correction? Is that referring to the alpha hack? I'll try allowing 8 bit texture and native resolution and see if that works, thanks.

jesalvein

At the resolution I'm currently playing at (1024x768) without the VU Cycle Stealing at 2 the game is pretty slow.

It's only with GOW II that I've had to push the VU up to 2 to make it playable.
alpha correction fba u find it on video plugins
(05-26-2013, 05:39 PM)SleepingAwake Wrote: How do I use alpha correction? Is that referring to the alpha hack? I'll try allowing 8 bit texture and native resolution and see if that works, thanks.

jesalvein

At the resolution I'm currently playing at (1024x768) without the VU Cycle Stealing at 2 the game is pretty slow.

It's only with GOW II that I've had to push the VU up to 2 to make it playable.

of course it's slow. (it has nothing to do with the internal res you're using, BTW)
but it's the kind of glitch you get when using speedhacks. That's why i'm asking.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-26-2013, 05:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: of course it's slow. (it has nothing to do with the internal res you're using, BTW)
but it's the kind of glitch you get when using speedhacks. That's why i'm asking.

Yeah I thought it might be the speedhacks causing the grid lines.

I turned 8-bit textures on along with Alpha correction FBA and put the resolution to 2x native.

It looks great now, plays at full speed at the cut scenes are a lot smoother, I haven't experienced the grid lines yet.
at last my advise works
(05-26-2013, 07:15 PM)Yash the gamer Wrote: at last my advise works

Thanks for the help man Biggrin