GOW working setting with 40+ fps.. and a few oddities
hi guys,
I don't know if anyone notice it but when I started GOW from the beginning, right after the cinematic, frame rate drop to less than 10 with 99% CPU, stuttering sound. HOWEVER, HERE IS THE FIX whenever this problem occurs in game:

Press START or SELECT to bring up the menu, you will see the frame rate stabilize. Simply close the menu, return to game, then you can play pretty much with 40-58 fps. At least that's how it works for me. The AA smooth out all the edge, a few stuttering sound but very few.. little tearing here and there.. but this is MUCH BETTER experience than 9fps with AA on or 30 fps on native res. I found this out of accident so hopefully it will help someone.

NOTE: I played GOW on 1900x1200 DirectX 10 Hardware mode... so it is not ugly native resolution like a few ppl attempted to play GOW to get decent frame. B/c personally, if i have to play it on native res, i might as well play it on my PS2. Also this setting below on those pictures might not be an optimal setting. Feel free to play around with it to get even better result

My rig:
Pcsx2-beta-720 (could work also on pcsx2 0.9.6 but u need to test it)
Q6600 overclocked to 3.2Ghz
8Gb DDR2 Corsair RAM
Vista 64 Home Basic
4870 512MB Tongue

Here is a few screen shots

Before:
[Image: GOWb.jpg]

After
[Image: GOWa.jpg]

Configuration

[Image: GOWAdvancedoption.jpg]

[Image: GOWcpu.jpg]

[Image: GOWgamefix.jpg]

[Image: GOWgraphic.jpg]

[Image: GOWsound.jpg]

[Image: GOWspeedhack.jpg]

Sponsored links

(03-13-2009, 08:23 AM)agentghost Wrote: hi guys,
I don't know if anyone notice it but when I started GOW from the beginning, right after the cinematic, frame rate drop to less than 10 with 99% CPU, stuttering sound. HOWEVER, HERE IS THE FIX whenever this problem occurs in game:

Press START or SELECT to bring up the menu, you will see the frame rate stabilize. Simply close the menu, return to game, then you can play pretty much with 40-58 fps. At least that's how it works for me. The AA smooth out all the edge, a few stuttering sound but very few.. little tearing here and there.. but this is MUCH BETTER experience than 9fps with AA on or 30 fps on native res. I found this out of accident so hopefully it will help someone.

This is known thing.
Great! b/c I searched through all God of War thread to make my game playable and kept getting "you need to upgrade your rig" (WTH, I got Quad 6600) or "emulator still in developmental stage" excuse which hardly helpful or applicable to my case.
..... what is with people postig links to other sites, thus creating huge, useless posts?

Attache the images instead, the attach function is there just for that