GPU
What are the most important specs of a gpu in terms of emulation for example clock speed,memory clock etc.

Sponsored links

I believe the most important part is that it supports atleast Shader Version 2.0
(06-24-2013, 09:02 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: I believe the most important part is that it supports atleast Shader Version

Thats more a minimun gpu requirementMellow

Im asking for specs that affect emulation
Bandwidth, bus width, memory type, memory size (vram), directX 11
Bandwidth is what you want to look for, bus width and memory type are what determines bandwidth. Shader count is mostly a non-issue as long as you have anything above a low range card, that said a card with a high bandwidth is going to come with enough shaders to cover. Memory size is more or less a non-issue since PS2 (and thus PCSX2) don't store a whole lot in V-ram, instead V-ram is constantly being updated. Thus the higher the bandwidth, the faster v-ram can be updated, the better performance you'll get.

Shouldn't even need to bother stating about a DX11 card, every card within the last 3-4 years has been DX11 compliant, and DX10 is all that's really needed to take full advantage of PCSX2 (I don't even think there are any DX11 required features yet, though someone can feel free to correct me) and DX10 cards are well past the 5-7 year mark (it'd be akin to saying "You need to make sure you have a dual core or greater processor")
[Image: 2748844.png]
^+1Happy
(06-24-2013, 10:58 PM)Koji Wrote: Bandwidth is what you want to look for, bus width and memory type are what determines bandwidth. Shader count is mostly a non-issue as long as you have anything above a low range card, that said a card with a high bandwidth is going to come with enough shaders to cover. Memory size is more or less a non-issue since PS2 (and thus PCSX2) don't store a whole lot in V-ram, instead V-ram is constantly being updated. Thus the higher the bandwidth, the faster v-ram can be updated, the better performance you'll get.

Shouldn't even need to bother stating about a DX11 card, every card within the last 3-4 years has been DX11 compliant, and DX10 is all that's really needed to take full advantage of PCSX2 (I don't even think there are any DX11 required features yet, though someone can feel free to correct me) and DX10 cards are well past the 5-7 year mark (it'd be akin to saying "You need to make sure you have a dual core or greater processor")

Will this Gpu suffice with pcsx2?

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/HD_7750/
Most games would run at x2-x3 upscaling with that, make note the requirement varies between games, some rare games can run easily at x6 internal res, some others (also rare;p) will still be gpu limited at native with that one.
(06-26-2013, 06:51 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Most games would run at x2-x3 upscaling with that, make note the requirement varies between games, some rare games can run easily at x6 internal res, some others (also rare;p) will still be gpu limited at native with that one.

What about a Gtx 550 ti?
Just slightly better through draws like twice as much power. If you need higher res you should seriously stop looking at budget gpu's, but make note that even with current top end gpu's there will be quite a few games which simply don't run well in hardware mode.