[GRAPHICS] Using nVidia Optimus with pcsx2
[BUMP] I'm allowed to bump right?

Sponsored links

(04-19-2013, 05:30 PM)TheMysteriousMrM Wrote: Anyone have a solution to this? I really wanna play through Sly and Ratchet and Clank.
Got a new PC recently, and it runs everything smoothly but this D:

Hatchet and Clank is reported to be a problem even for desktops with 4.3+GHz Intel CPUs and powerful video cards.

So, the games you chose are among the most demanding ones.

Besides, devices developed for laptops are reduced relative to their desktop counterpart due to power consumption requirements (that M as suffix tells it). More yet, the system is more critical about the power consumption in them and so the Power saving plans.

Possibly Windows is set to be using such power plans. Change to a "Performance" plan under "Power Options" at Windows control panel. Return to the actual plan after playing, and keep an eye on temperature.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Rachet and clank are very demanding games. Set EE cyclerate to 2 I think and VU cycle rate to 2-3 and that should help out. Yeah those games are well knwon to bog down event he most powerful desktops at default settings
(04-19-2013, 08:07 PM)TheMysteriousMrM Wrote: [BUMP] I'm allowed to bump right?

Since you asked, you are allowed, but preferably not after only two hours without a reply. Next time please wait with a bump at least a day, and preferably two.

As for your actual issue, I also have an optimus system, and I manage just fine if I want PCSX2 to run with the Intel GPU or with the Nvidia one, using the "standard" optimus method of right click -> run with graphics processor -> ...

you could also verify this by enabling the "GPU Activity Icon" from the "Desktop" menu of the Nvidia config panel, and watch if it includes PCSX2 or not (while PCSX2 is running).

I also don't recall other posts of users who can't "activate" optimus, so if indeed that's your issue (rather than that this game is just relatively slow to emulate, regardless of GPU used), then I'd try to reinstall the Nvidia and Intel gfx drivers, possibly try latest or even beta drivers.
Easy way to tell if your GPU or your CPU is holding you back is run the game and watch your EE/GS/VU percentages at the top of the screen. If any (or multiple) of those are hitting 90-100% when the game is slowing down, then you know the game is being slowed down by your CPU.
[Image: 2748844.png]