GS Mode
Question 
I read here:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/f291/gs-mode...ack-61808/
I don't know is it possible or not for PCSX2 to change internal resolution in PCSX2 GS instead internal D3D resolution?

Sponsored links

Need dev comment?
Need dev comment?
Very long & complicated guide there.why don't you just copy & paste that text here.so it'll be easy to read & understand Smile
(04-20-2013, 11:28 AM)Preet Wrote: Very long & complicated guide there.why don't you just copy & paste that text here.so it'll be easy to read & understand Smile

dev is smart enough to read from the link instead i copy paste them
I am not a PCSX2 dev, but I'm not patient and dumb enough to bear your link more than 10 secs.

10 seconds are all I spent to realize the ***** annoying ads sound is from that site. Yes, 10 secs before I closed it immediately.
I could be wrong (kinda skimmed) but that seems to be more about using your actual ps2 to connect to a display (tv/monitor) via vga with a higher resolution output. Not ps2 emulation.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
(04-20-2013, 12:26 PM)Dante3hs Wrote: I could be wrong (kinda skimmed) but that seems to be more about using your actual ps2 to connect to a display (tv/monitor) via vga with a higher resolution output. Not ps2 emulation.

yes you are right, resolution is changed internally from PS2 GS.
In emulator resolution is changed from D3D internal, i don't know it possible or not for PCSX2 to change res from GS instead D3D?
Once again, could be wrong, but it looks like it does that in a similar way to the native multipliers (x2, x3, etc)

Quote:Well, GSM just makes a simple upscaling. It doesn't making interpolation (i.e. it doesn't add extra pixels / lines). So it doesn't increase the internal(=original=source) resolution, only the output (=forced=target) one.
[Image: jmt41l-2.png]
SSD: 250GB | HDD: 2TB | GPU: MSI GTX 970 4G Gaming
A quick lecture was enough to show that project is intended to actual PS2 using actual hardware coupled by actual cables to TV. It's something different to what is intended here.

PCSX2 has not PS2 GS to work upon, GSDX emulate it for PC usage and GSDX is all but a greater performance issue unless it's abused. The main original graphics processing is still on VUs before being passed to it for rasterization and output.

Billy, you really should try and understand a bit deeply what you see out there before bringing it as a proposal to the devs, people has been trying approaches on several areas outside the "emulation" itself, like image betterment, including what is there in terms of progressive scan and widescreen conversion.

More yet, a totally new project to bring 3D has started, it is on it's starts yet and despite still has a lot of problems to resolve and will need intelligent filters to prevent issues like actors becoming "literally" defaced, far or too near objects being wrongly rendered and (at least for me) a sure source of headache as it is now, it is yet a promising project and most important, it is being "done" not being asked to be done.

In the end, Beside not being something that could improve performance (that is the only thing preventing you to enjoy PCSX2 by how it is now) these propositions to change what is already done, propositions meaning structural changes on the whole PCSX2 project (although you may not know it) are going to end badly, if not for any other reason by how you are putting them.

Understand this once and for all, that is the best advice I can give to you before things get worse. Is only the sheer lack of performance and the results of your experiments actually making things worse in general when bettering some aspect the reason you can't enjoy PCSX2 as it is now. Try watching it with a friend with faster machine and see how it performs in that machine, so you may understand better what PCSX2 is and what it does.

PS: At this point you should have already understood "why" those experiments changing the way "PS2" itself works can't be put in the main project, not even as speed hacks, if they aren't ideal even for weaker machines where they could be any actual help, they would harm deeply the faster machines.
Imagination is where we are truly real