GS Percentage
Ok. So what you call 'skipdraw in gs pcsx2' is for most people frameskip.

As I said there was once a request to enable it dynamically. The dev's didn't have time to implement it and it was considered to solve only a minority of speed problems. I am impressed that you found a scenario where it matters.

The only solution I can provide is: Set turbo mode to 100%, and set enable frameskip on turbo. If you now press tab in-game you get frameskip and if you press it again it is off. That's not automatically and if you use a gamepad it will annoy you but I guess there is nothing better around.

Sponsored links

(11-13-2015, 12:40 AM)willkuer Wrote: The only solution I can provide is: Set turbo mode to 100%, and set enable frameskip on turbo. If you now press tab in-game you get frameskip and if you press it again it is off. That's not automatically and if you use a gamepad it will annoy you but I guess there is nothing better around.

yes,  i do set as you said. i suggest is create new auto frameskip thick box in gs or speedhack tab or somewhere else. make auto frameskip when gs% is high, if gs% is not high. it won't frameskip.
why is it auto for high gs% only? , because if it auto for high ee% or high vu%, games look stuttering.  it will  help on high gs% games a lot.
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
I think it is a valid request.

I still don't understand why frameskip helps on high GS% load. I would expect that frameskip just removes drawn stuff before they are send to the (maybe?) framebuffer or it clears the framebuffer. I don't know but the GS should still work and be fully emulated. I would expect that frameskip helps the gpu if it is in some memory or bandwith limit or something like that. But that the CPU time of the GS thread gets reduced I would not have expected. (maybe its due to the recent changes where cpu and gpu are communicating more with each other)
(11-13-2015, 11:39 AM)willkuer Wrote: I think it is a valid request.

I still don't understand why frameskip helps on high GS% load. I would expect that frameskip just removes drawn stuff before they are send to the (maybe?) framebuffer or it clears the framebuffer. I don't know but the GS should still work and be fully emulated. I would expect that frameskip helps the gpu if it is in some memory or bandwith limit or something like that. But that the CPU time of the GS thread gets reduced I would not have expected. (maybe its due to the recent changes where cpu and gpu are communicating more with each other)

as far as my investigating this emulator.  "frameskip works on high gs% only".  if ee% is high ,  gs% is high, vu% is high . frameskip will not work well. Stuttering gameplay will happen. frameskip will turn so bad.
That's why i suggest frameskip on high gs% load only.
(11-13-2015, 11:39 AM)willkuer Wrote: I still don't understand why frameskip helps on high GS% load. I would expect that frameskip just removes drawn stuff before they are send to the (maybe?) framebuffer or it clears the framebuffer. I don't know but the GS should still work and be fully emulated. I would expect that frameskip helps the gpu if it is in some memory or bandwith limit or something like that. But that the CPU time of the GS thread gets reduced I would not have expected. (maybe its due to the recent changes where cpu and gpu are communicating more with each other)

Frameskip in PCSX2 works in a weird as ***** way. It actually will likely reduce CPU load as I understand it. It's skipping emulating the frame itself so that means GS and (possibly) VU calculations which happen on the CPU are skipped too. That's also why it breaks approximately everything. At least that's how I understand it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-13-2015, 12:42 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Frameskip in PCSX2 works in a weird as ***** way. It actually will likely reduce CPU load as I understand it. It's skipping emulating the frame itself so that means GS and (possibly) VU calculations which happen on the CPU are skipped too. That's also why it breaks approximately everything. At least that's how I understand it.

I disagree. cpu load ( ee%)  can be reduced by reducing framerate, which is under pcsx2_vm.ini .  while frameskip  is reduce gs% load only.
you could test on high ee% load game. then reduce it's framerate. then you'll see, ee% will decrease.
(11-13-2015, 01:14 PM)billyash Wrote: I disagree. cpu load ( ee%)  can be reduced by reducing framerate, which is under pcsx2_vm.ini .  while frameskip  is reduce gs% load only.

gs% is CPU load too. There is no measurement of GPU load in PCSX2's UI.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(11-13-2015, 01:15 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: gs% is CPU load too. There is no measurement of GPU load in PCSX2's UI.

But if we force frameskip on high cpu load (ee%),  that game will stuttering and jumping gameplay.
The game does stutter with frameskip that's why any form of automatically enabling it is a bad idea.
(11-13-2015, 01:44 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: The game does stutter with frameskip that's why any form of automatically enabling it is a bad idea.

that stutter  happen  because we input  too much frameskip.  if we input  2 frame to draw,  1 frame to skip.  it will  not stutter.  but on high gs% load only. 
you could test on high gs% games only.  don't test on high ee% or vu% . because if you test on high gs %  and high ee% at same time,  the result is bad. stuttering will happen.